cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does chase really still have 5/24 policy?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does chase really still have 5/24 policy?

I applied for the chase freedom after a couple product changes, making my chase total card count to 3.  I have 8 new revolving accounts opened this last 2 years, yet Chase just approved for the Freedom Card. Although it wasn't auto approved, I was approved, and am way over the threshold. Just to add to the datapoint, I also just joined Chase Total Checking (for the reward), and have been a very long chase credit card customer. I also work for their biggest competitor(really shouldn't matter,  but still). This is leading me to believe they no longer have this policy. Can anyone else confirm simular behavior?
5 REPLIES 5
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Does chase really still have 4/24 policy?

Chase's 5/24 rule is still in full effect though there have been reports here and there of people being able to slip through the cracks to get approved.

Message 2 of 6
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Chase’s 5/24 is still fully in effect and will be for the foreseeable future as it seems more and more cards are being placed under the 5/24 restriction.

I believe I saw that all chase cards even cobranded will eventually fall under it.

But there are several ways around it. Prequalified offers, the green check mark offers, some inbranch Pre-Approvals and maybe some other ways I’m not aware of.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, wonder how I got accepted. It was manually reviewed(not auto), no pre-qualified offer.
Message 4 of 6
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hmm, wonder how I got accepted. It was manually reviewed(not auto), no pre-qualified offer.

You just got lucky, probably. Or they really liked your credit profile and wanted your business. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5 of 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

It's still here and very unlikely to be going away anytime soon. In fact, there are report that it is eventually going to apply to all of their cards including the ones not currently impacted. So if you want any Chase card that currently isn't subject to 5/24, I would get it sooner than later.

You do hear the very occasional report of someone slipping through the cracks but the rule is pretty tight generally. I have heard of very, very few people without a prequalification getting approved if they were above 5/24.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.