Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does closing card remove inquiry?

tag
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

Does closing card remove inquiry?

I was thinking about closing one of my cards and was wondering if it would remove the two inquiries that I got on my CR (one at the time of applying the card a year ago and one at a CLI request)? This local bank started me off with $500 and after a year of maintaining the card, gave me just a $500 CLI and that too after a hard pull. I'm pissed off with this bank and wanted to close the card.

My second question: Even after closing the card, it accounts for in the length of credit history and AAoA for 10 years, correct?

Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Does closing card remove inquiry?

@cowboyguy wrote:

I was thinking about closing one of my cards and was wondering if it would remove the two inquiries that I got on my CR (one at the time of applying the card a year ago and one at a CLI request)? This local bank started me off with $500 and after a year of maintaining the card, gave me just a $500 CLI and that too after a hard pull. I'm pissed off with this bank and wanted to close the card.

My second question: Even after closing the card, it accounts for in the length of credit history and AAoA for 10 years, correct?

No  Lol on 1st question yes to 2nd

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
calihlove75
Established Contributor

I wish!!!

Yes

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 3 of 6
waihao0405
Established Member

i wish closing card and getting declind remove inquiry but obv it doesnt LOL

and yes aaoa will stay for 10 years even ur account is closed

Message 4 of 6
HiLine
Blogger

@waihao0405 wrote:

and yes aaoa will stay for 10 years even ur account is closed

There is no guarantee on that.  Robot wink

Message 5 of 6
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

I would hate to get a measly $500 after a HP. I don't blame you wanting to stop doing business with them altogether. Any baddies? Good score? Is their a manager or higher up you might be able to appeal to? 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.