Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does customer service at bofa matter

tag
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

Does customer service at bofa matter

I don't get it I was approved for a 500 cl for the 123 rewards card and was told I had to fax in a form called form f and now I called back after I faxed it in and now I'm being told that they are still going to decline me and it just does not make sense to me that they approve string me along through all of this bull crap then tell me this how can she just overturn that decision like that I have held a very active checking account for well over a year now always having my paychecks direct deposited in there since I've opened account also my credit report reflects nothing bad at all just a lot of new accounts. Should I speak to a supervisor about this because I'm am so mad right now I've shown a loyalty to them even with everyone talking bad about them. And do not appreciate being lied to about it and am on brink of fully closing all accounts because I already have a usaa account which offers way more benefits than bofa but like bofa due to convince but if this is how they treat customers then why should I stay I mean it's pretty much a secured card since I have my money in there bank Can someone give me some advice on what I should do to get this fixed
Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

Re: Does customer service at bofa matter

This will blow your mind when I got off the phone with the woman that told me I was declined I argued and had her make the guy I originally spoke with call me back so as I'm in the middle of calling back to speak to supervisor I Recieve a call from him and he tells me that since he spoke to me and looking at all the factors that he is going to now put through the approval for a 600 cl now and the reason why everyone else was giving me the cold shoulder is on paper I look like a very new person to credit and a high risk but since he spoke with me and likes what he has heard that his view on me was a lot different and he had faith to approve so not only did I get approved but now with 100 dollar higher cl than what I had originally thought or expected not the person to argue but I am so stoked
Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 2 of 8
john398
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the recon

Message 3 of 8
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Customer service at BOA doesn't matter. It's a world gone mad at BOA.
Message 4 of 8
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Have you read the most recent thread (s) on BoA lately?  Considering how you've treated them right,  then they approve you then change their "minds"..  I have to ask why you'd want to give them all your banking business. It appears some of their card business is going to be going through "major transition" soon as well.

I don't know if you can or not, but if you could, I'd recommend you get in with NFCU (don't cyber slap me if you're not eligible, it's just a thought). You could be a great candidate for them.

I just saw your new post while typing. Major Congrats on the recon. Smiley Happy   I will say though, I don't like the way they jerked you around, it's summing up the impression I'm getting from BoA myself.  We've been told things on the phone by them as well, only to find out it was meaningless, just so you know to check on your accounts to see if they kept their word.  I'm going to hope you post back later that all went fine, and also that you had a great Holiday Smiley Happy

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 5 of 8
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

Only reason I stay is I have a good friend who works there and any fees I incur on my account she takes care of them ASAP no questions
Message 6 of 8
IOBA
Senior Contributor

What fees are you incurring on your account?

Message 7 of 8
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

None but I mean if there are any I can get them refunded I rarely have any but like the ability to be able to go in and speak to a person I know and get what I want so that is why I keep the account and also I want to be able to do a auto loan with them soon and I know having an account and a credit card will help a lot so I keep them I use ebanking and do not pay a monthly fee for an account. I look at it like this I had a bad part to the credit card but the woman who told me I was declined had the original guy I spoke to call me back and he fully got it figured out and approved me for a higher cl than originally approved for so I'd say that little hitch was worth extra 100 cl so I'm happy and the call back was very very quick within 20 mins of getting off phone with her
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.