cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does having one low limit card vs your others weigh down your profile?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does having one low limit card vs your others weigh down your profile?

@Anonymous wrote:

When it comes to getting good limits with new approvals, etc.  I know the whole profile is the equation, but how big of a factor is something like this?

Not much. My only card was a Chase Amazon with a $1k limit when I was approved for a Capital One Quicksilver with a $10k limit

Message 11 of 13
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I think people rely too much on "higher limits beget higher limits" and such. In general, when we're talking about a computer reviewing applications, it's looking at your scores, income, and payment history, not really your other accounts/limits. Yes, it is seeing if your history is in good standing, but I doubt that it's really analyzing to the extent of trying to "compete" with your other cards, especially because every lender has different criteria for limits.

On a manual review, it's possible that lenders can view your other limits and be willing to be more generous but this is a case by case basis. Once you display responsible credit use, build up a history, and have a solid income, you should have no issue getting the limits that will be perfectly sufficient for your spend.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great pointers and insight guys Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.