Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does macys blacklist

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does macys blacklist

I have 710+ scores on all 3 Util is 2 percent and 1 inq in the past 12 months 9 inq in the past 24 months  and i applyed for a macys card and was rejected they wont tell me over the phone i had a macys card that charged off 12 years ago and the bal was like 200 I cant see why they would reject me othere than being black listed

Thanks

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Does macys blacklist

They blacklist for BK'ed and CO'ed accounts. If it wasn't BK'ed you may be able to pay it and be "de-blacklisted". Call them and ask about paying the account. They may have a reinstatement program for you.
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks but if i pay it wont the put the charged off account back on my cr i mean its past its sol but if i pay it wouldent it reset the 7 years

Thanks

Message 3 of 21
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks but if i pay it wont the put the charged off account back on my cr i mean its past its sol but if i pay it wouldent it reset the 7 years

Thanks

No!
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 710+ scores on all 3 Util is 2 percent and 1 inq in the past 12 months 9 inq in the past 24 months  and i applyed for a macys card and was rejected they wont tell me over the phone i had a macys card that charged off 12 years ago and the bal was like 200 I cant see why they would reject me othere than being black listed

Thanks

Hello,

I filed Ch. 7 in BK in 2/01--discharged 6/01. Macys was IIB. Yesterday on a whim I app'd for Macys card online. Didn't give an approval or a denial. Called backdoor # today. CSR rep asked if I had ever had a card. I said yes many years ago. She then asked if I had filed BK, I said yes. She paused, then said if you can hold for a minute, I can get this approved for you. She came back to the phone with an approval w/ a $300 CL. Not much, but I didn't think I could get anything!!

Also, app'd for Hooters MC the other day. Got same message as macys: thanks for your app. it is processing. Called backdoor #, was approved for $1100CL!! CSR didn't know APR or if there was an annual fee. I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks.

There is hope for me yet!!!! Util should improve score. AA will suffer a bit, though, but I think that will be short term. 

Thanks for all the help myfico-ers!! It's really helped!!!!

Jelly

Message 5 of 21
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the dual approvals! 

Nice Macys approval and not a common thing with a BK'ed card. Probably floated because the BK was so old. The honesty probably didn't hurt either. BTW $300 from Macys is a good initial CL. If you take care of that Macys card it will take care of you!

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is macys backdoor number thanks.

Message 7 of 21
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

BTW - Better to app Macy's in store.
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did apply in the store still a no even called when i was at the store  :-(
Message 9 of 21
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Call the number on this page and find out why you were denied credit:

https://www.macys.com/service/credit/applynow/applybyphone.ognc

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.