Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does prestige airline credit expire?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does prestige airline credit expire?

So I think I might need a new travel card. I want to go on a trip later this year overseas.

I loved my CSP espically for the sign up bonus and paired with my freedom but I want to try a different card. I will be canceling my CSP and moving the limit over to the freesom to avoid the AF.

If I apply for the the Prestige in Dec 2016 will I get the $250 airline credit in Dec (and be able to keept it) and then another $250 credit in Jan? So a total of $500 to use?

Another other ideas for a great travel card? Im not specific to any hotel brand. If I need an occasional hotel I usually use my AMEX with an AMEX offer. Looking for the best bang for the buck to replace my CSP. Don travel that much but yearly have a flight+hotel of at least $3k.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Re: Does prestige airline credit expire?

The Prestige airline credit is yearly so if you got it in Dec. of 2016 you would need to use that by Dec 31st 2016 (buy American gift cards) or it will expire....Then in Jan 2017 you would get another $250 that would expire if not used at the end of Dec. 2017......

Message 2 of 4
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I think I might need a new travel card. I want to go on a trip later this year overseas.

I loved my CSP espically for the sign up bonus and paired with my freedom but I want to try a different card. I will be canceling my CSP and moving the limit over to the freesom to avoid the AF.

If I apply for the the Prestige in Dec 2016 will I get the $250 airline credit in Dec (and be able to keept it) and then another $250 credit in Jan? So a total of $500 to use?

The credit is lost at the end of the year. It's use it or lose it.

Another other ideas for a great travel card? Im not specific to any hotel brand. If I need an occasional hotel I usually use my AMEX with an AMEX offer. Looking for the best bang for the buck to replace my CSP. Don travel that much but yearly have a flight+hotel of at least $3k.

If you are only spending $3k a year in travel then you are better off with a cashback card. Most of the time travel cards come with an AF, and with the low spend, the AF will wipe out whatever you earn.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You would need to use the credit before your Dec. statement closed. If you apply in Dec not sure you can guarantee you will have a closing date in Dec. Might be better to apply in November for instance. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.