cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Amex blue cash everyday 3% gas station category include snacks purchased at gas stations?

tag
mwarmor
Established Member

Re: Does the Amex blue cash everyday 3% gas station category include snacks purchased at gas station

The vast majority do, I know Sheetz does for a fact. On the other hand, Sam's Club Gas Pumps do not code as Gas for Amex.

Message 11 of 13
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Does the Amex blue cash everyday 3% gas station category include snacks purchased at gas station

@mwarmor wrote:

The vast majority do, I know Sheetz does for a fact. On the other hand, Sam's Club Gas Pumps do not code as Gas for Amex.

Very true. I experienced this first hand with my DGF using her AU BCP like I told her to get gas at Sam's. I just let her use it to simplify her life, even if we only get 1% instead of 3%. For her car, it's not much of a difference between 1% and 3%.

Anyway OP, from my experience, yes, all inside purchases have coded as gas as well on my BCP, but YMMV depending on how its coded.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 12 of 13
moto4man
Regular Contributor

As mentioned early up in the thread, it really depends on the retailer and how they code it.  Best option, just keep a good eye on your rewards and shop accordingly.

Starting Score: 547EX
Current Score: 694EX 689EQ 696TU
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.