cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Blue Cash Preferred count Amazon Prime as 6%?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Does the Blue Cash Preferred count Amazon Prime as 6%?

I'm asking about the regular Prime subscription. Anyone know or have a data point?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Moderator

Re: Does the Blue Cash Preferred count Amazon Prime as 6%?

No, only Amazon Music Unlimited counts for streaming and it certainly won't trigger the supermarket category.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/rewards-info/retail.html

Message 2 of 8
Regular Contributor

Re: Does the Blue Cash Preferred count Amazon Prime as 6%?

Buy $50-100 gift cards at Whole Foods.

Upload to your Amazon account.

Purchase "the gift of Prime."

Send it to yourself.

 

 

Disclaimer: don't abuse gift card purchases at grocery stores. Amex frowns upon it. $500 at a grocery store is a red flag.

Keep the cards around $50-100 and only once in a while.

Message 3 of 8
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Does the Blue Cash Preferred count Amazon Prime as 6%?

Here is the full list from the Amex site:

Amazon Music Unlimited
Apple Music
Audible
CBS All Access
Direct TV Now
ESPN+
Fubo TV
HBO Now
Hulu
iHeartRadio
Kindle Unlimited
MLB.TV
NBA League Pass
Netflix
NHL.TV
Pandora
Prime Video
Showtime
Sling TV
SiriusXM Streaming and Satellite
Spotify
Stitcher
YouTube Music Premium
YouTube Premium
YouTube TV

Kinda sucks - I was hoping the subscriptions to Xbox Live and Xbox GamePass would count. My son has both of these and I’d love to add them to my BCP. Already billing YouTube TV, Hulu, XM in two cars, Prime Video, Netflix, Amazon Music, and Kindle Unlimited. I wouldn’t mind another couple 6% earners on there...


Rose Gold NPSL | BCP | Delta Gold | Hilton Surpass | Hilton Honors | IT Cash | IT Chrome | Quicksilver | Target | VS | Home Depot | Lowes | Firestone | Wayfair | Overstock | Kohl’s

5/24, 1/24, 76445/24, who cares #HappyWithAmex





Entering the garden 5/27/2019, staying until 2020
(Lol so much for that grand plan...)
Message 4 of 8
Valued Contributor

Re: Does the Blue Cash Preferred count Amazon Prime as 6%?


@ImTheDevil wrote:
Kinda sucks - I was hoping the subscriptions to Xbox Live and Xbox GamePass would count. My son has both of these and I’d love to add them to my BCP. Already billing YouTube TV, Hulu, XM in two cars, Prime Video, Netflix, Amazon Music, and Kindle Unlimited. I wouldn’t mind another couple 6% earners on there...

Agreed.

Currently I'm only getting it on Hulu and Netflix, XM is already on a 6mo promotion. But I also have DC Universe and that does not get the 6%, nor will Disney+. So if I could get the 6% on those it would be nice! 

 

What would be even better is if tehy added categories so that I could use this card exclusively. 






Message 5 of 8
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Does the Blue Cash Preferred count Amazon Prime as 6%?

It would be nice, but the earnings for it are pretty good as-is. I can honestly leave all the subscriptions on it as well as InstaCart for groceries, and only take it out of the sock drawer when I go on a trip where I can use it for parking and tolls.

Speaking of tolls, I need to reload my EZPass. Think I’ll use BCP and see if I get the cash back on that too...


Rose Gold NPSL | BCP | Delta Gold | Hilton Surpass | Hilton Honors | IT Cash | IT Chrome | Quicksilver | Target | VS | Home Depot | Lowes | Firestone | Wayfair | Overstock | Kohl’s

5/24, 1/24, 76445/24, who cares #HappyWithAmex





Entering the garden 5/27/2019, staying until 2020
(Lol so much for that grand plan...)
Message 6 of 8
Established Contributor

Re: Does the Blue Cash Preferred count Amazon Prime as 6%?


@ImTheDevil wrote:
Here is the full list from the Amex site:

Amazon Music Unlimited
Apple Music
Audible
CBS All Access
Direct TV Now
ESPN+
Fubo TV
HBO Now
Hulu
iHeartRadio
Kindle Unlimited
MLB.TV
NBA League Pass
Netflix
NHL.TV
Pandora
Prime Video
Showtime
Sling TV
SiriusXM Streaming and Satellite
Spotify
Stitcher
YouTube Music Premium
YouTube Premium
YouTube TV

Kinda sucks - I was hoping the subscriptions to Xbox Live and Xbox GamePass would count. My son has both of these and I’d love to add them to my BCP. Already billing YouTube TV, Hulu, XM in two cars, Prime Video, Netflix, Amazon Music, and Kindle Unlimited. I wouldn’t mind another couple 6% earners on there...

Oh my gosh I didn't even realize YouTube Premium would count!! I've been paying that for like the past year on my Wells Fargo Platinum card. Definitely switching it right now to my BCP!

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.



Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 7 of 8
Contributor

Re: Does the Blue Cash Preferred count Amazon Prime as 6%?


@ImTheDevil wrote:
It would be nice, but the earnings for it are pretty good as-is. I can honestly leave all the subscriptions on it as well as InstaCart for groceries, and only take it out of the sock drawer when I go on a trip where I can use it for parking and tolls.

Speaking of tolls, I need to reload my EZPass. Think I’ll use BCP and see if I get the cash back on that too...

EZPass qualifies for the 3% Transit category.  I have my EZ Pass on BCP.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.