cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does this card exist? (Travel card with intro APR...)

tag
Renae156
Valued Member

Does this card exist? (Travel card with intro APR...)

I'd love a good card for travel that I can keep a balance on if need be. Is there a card with no foreign transaction fees and an intro APR rate?  I'd prefer it to be chip and sig as well. I've searched quite a bit and can't seem to come up with anything other than maybe a capital one card?  I already have an Amex Platinum and a CSP but can't and won't carry balance on either one of those. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Starting Score: Ex: 767 Eq: 693 TU: 704
Current Score: Ex: 754 Eq: 710 TU: 724
Goal Score: 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does this card exist? (Travel card with intro APR...)

For me it did in the Arrival + -- Huge sign up bonus, No FTF, 0% for the first 12 months is what I think mine was not sure though, and Chip and sig.
Message 2 of 13
Renae156
Valued Member

I swore that I read about Arrival+ having 0% APR but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore?

Starting Score: Ex: 767 Eq: 693 TU: 704
Current Score: Ex: 754 Eq: 710 TU: 724
Goal Score: 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 13
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Renae156 wrote:

I swore that I read about Arrival+ having 0% APR but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore?

http://www.barclaycardarrival.com/arrival-plus/travel/?campaignId=1730&cellNumber=45

Look under the boxes there is a line that says this: "0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 months after account opening –
after that, a variable APR, currently 14.99% or 18.99%, based on your creditworthiness3"

3 - The 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers is applicable for the first 12 billing cycles after the account is opened. At the end of the introductory period the APR for all purchase and balance transfer balances will be either 14.99% or 18.99%, which will be determined at account opening based on your creditworthiness. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. There is a fee for Balance Transfers. This introductory APR offer does not apply to Convenience Check, or Cash Advance transactions. See the Terms and Conditions for more information about how subject to applicable law, your APRs may increase if you pay late, go over your credit limit or a payment is returned for nonpayment.

Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 13
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I noticed it wasn't on the main web page so I googled and there was a link to app for that one! Smiley Happy

Edited to add this: Looks like that's not the Arrival + though. Hmm.. off to search to look for the AF Arrival + with a 0% into period.

Message 5 of 13
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Renae156 wrote:

Just to throw it out there every cap one card has no ftf.so if you can find one with 0% Apr intro rate . 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 6 of 13
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@KennyRS wrote:

I noticed it wasn't on the main web page so I googled and there was a link to app for that one! Smiley Happy

Edited to add this: Looks like that's not the Arrival + though. Hmm.. off to search to look for the AF Arrival + with a 0% into period.

Unable to find the Arrival + with an intro period but the regular Arrival did. Not sure if that would interest you or not though.

Message 7 of 13
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

Unable to find the Arrival + with an intro period but the regular Arrival did. Not sure if that would interest you or not though.

Does the regular arrival have chip?

One great things about your Arrival + is the Chip & Sig or Pin I think that is the direction most CCC should go with until the system is fully implemented in the US.

Message 8 of 13
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

BoA Travel Rewards has all of the things that were specified.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Renae156 wrote:

I'd love a good card for travel that I can keep a balance on if need be. Is there a card with no foreign transaction fees and an intro APR rate?  I'd prefer it to be chip and sig as well. I've searched quite a bit and can't seem to come up with anything other than maybe a capital one card?  I already have an Amex Platinum and a CSP but can't and won't carry balance on either one of those. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Worse rewards but CHIP and PIN: https://www.andrewsfcu.org/credit_cards_and_loans/credit_cards/globetrek_rewards.html

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.