cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does using the prequalification form on BOA's website result in a hard inquiry ?

tag
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

Does using the prequalification form on BOA's website result in a hard inquiry ?

As of Apr 2019: EX - 734; EQ - ??? TU - 748
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does using the prequalification form on BOA's website result in a hard inquiry ?

Nope, it's a soft pull on EX.  Unless you actually accept one of the offers, then you'll get a hard pull, most likely also on EX, but possibly on EX and TU both, and very rarely on EQ.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does using the prequalification form on BOA's website result in a hard inquiry ?

They pulled a soft on Equifax for the pre-qualification. (My Experian is frozen.) But they denied me on the real app since they couldn't get EX to pull a hard.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is a frozen Experian?
Message 4 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

beenthere wrote:
What is a frozen Experian?

Many states allow you to do a credit freeze on your CR.
Message 5 of 6
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

They soft me on EQ in VA.
Here we go again...
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.