cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doing A Large BT Away From AMEX...

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Contributor

Doing A Large BT Away From AMEX...

I have until Jan 30th to spend an additional $3K on my SPG Biz to get the 100k SUB. Between storage fees--real estate taxes-- and an upcoming $900 repair to my vehicle it won't be a problem. But my APR on that card is 26.99% (their highest) and I'll let them make a little bit of $$ off me--but I'm not going to get killed with that interest rate. My question is: Would AMEX get sore about me transferring a large part of that balance over to one of my many cards with a low BT offer on the table? I searched the forum and couldn't find any info about this.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Doing A Large BT Away From AMEX...

Nope, I've BT'd balances from Amex. Those folks just want their money. Doesn't really matter where it comes from.😂

I use the same strategy when meeting a crap load of SUBs. I charge up the card with the SUB. And then move it to a 0% CC, if the original card isn't running a promotional 0% rate.
I try and plan these moves a month or two in advance when possible. Especially when I see a good BT offer approaching.
Message 2 of 3
Super Contributor

Re: Doing A Large BT Away From AMEX...

Yes, you can pay your AMEX with a BT to another account.

Do you see an offer for Plan It of the larger charges? Check the effective interest rate of those. For short term funding you might find it valuable. The big advantage of Plan It is your other charges on the same account do not lose the grace period. You can combine carried items on Plan It with regular charges.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.