Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doing the AMEX Tango

tag
sterl1002
Valued Member

Doing the AMEX Tango

Hey Folks,

So I recently joined the world of AMEX (PRG and BCP on the same day) and my first payment looks like it will be due April 8 with a statemet cut date of March 14, and I have a few questions. First, I plan to pay the card off with my next paycheck which will clear in my bank account Mar 14. I'd like the satement to cut with a 0 balance so my question is, if I pay on the 13th will it clear next day by the 14th? And if it clears the 14th will the stament post with a 0 balance or will it not match up with reporting and still report a balance? 

Second question, is if a balance does report, would it affect my 61 day 3x CLI request, or do they use what they know internally about your balance regardless of what the CR reports?

Thanks for your help!  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Chris679
Established Contributor

Re: Doing the AMEX Tango

If payment is due April 8 I would expect the statement to cut on the 11th or 12th.

I wouldn't worry about micro managing the balance that reports to get the CLI just use the card responsibly and PIF each month.
Message 2 of 3
sterl1002
Valued Member

Re: Doing the AMEX Tango

Thanks Chris! I actually just went back and looked and the closing date for the PRG is Mar 14 and the BCP is Mar 9. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.