cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't Give Up Hope...Discover Finally Unsecured!

tag
caramel25
Established Member

Don't Give Up Hope...Discover Finally Unsecured!

I am doing the Happy Dance.... I have been on this board for a few years and I have been monitor my credit score every month and last month, all of sudden, my scores dropped 15-20 points. I couldn't figure out what was going on because I knew that nothing had changed with my credit. I was paying down my balances and I also just got my second Amex...which was not a hard pull. So I was getting depressed because I just couldn't figure it out. Recently FingerHut gave me a temporary increase of $900 to entice me to make more purchases. I think I had 4 mos to make a purchase and if I didn't, they said they would reduce my credit limit to what it was before they gave me the temporary increase. That is the only thing that changed on my credit report. Could this have caused my score to dropped so much? I have no clue what made my scores dropped so much but that is why I have been in the dumps.

Today, I logged into Discover and I noticed that my available credit went from $500 to $750. I had to double check, because I couldn't believe my eyes, but after 29 mos, my Discover card finally became unsecured! I had just given up hope and thought that it was just never going to happen. The limit might not be much, but it means the world to me. I am still on the credit repair path and it is a nice feeling to get a "pat on the back"......  So, I am just saying all of this to say...never give up hope!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Don't Give Up Hope...Discover Finally Unsecured!

Nice jobSmiley Happy That was the first sign my time with Fingerhut was at an end, trying to get me to spend x to keep y. Nope. I was on to bigger things by thenSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 5
Noneed2nv
Regular Contributor

Congratulations...  Onward and upward!

Message 3 of 5
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your graduation!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 4 of 5
outofcredit
Established Contributor

Congrats on the graduation and credit limit increase!! Enjoy your new limit and believe me, I feel your pain and joy.  My own Discover secured just recently graduated after 30 months, so yes, there is hope!

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.