cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't Use All Those Cards In One Place For Xmas Shopping!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Don't Use All Those Cards In One Place For Xmas Shopping!

3 or 4 trees? Whoa. Actually I have a small indoor blue spruce that I sometimes decorate with 1 or 2 ornaments during the season.

Well, if there's eggnog (don't skimp on the rum, please) I'll be there.

Wishing you very good luck with having a child, that would be a blessed Xmas gift.

netpanther wrote:

Anderson wrote:
Bah, Humbug!

Come to my house and you won't be Scrooge anymore. Everyone LOVES to come to my house at Christmas- yes, I am one of those crazy people who every year add another lawn decoration to the collection- I have a million lights up and around...
and I decorate my inside like it is a Christmas wonderland- every single room gets done with decorations and three of the four rooms get a tree and the kitchen too-
people are like kids in candy shops when they come over to look at all the decorations I do-
and I don't even have kids!!!

Want some badly- DH too. Maybe Santa and Jesus will bless us this year.

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm waiting till Black Friday.  I'm trying to take advantage of the deals I know will be out there so I'm keeping unnecessary charges off my CC until then.  I too want a DS Lite and a digital camera.
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

NetPanther, your house must be on some folks' tour list! I'm only considering lawn lights this year. I was at Home Depot this weekend with DD, and it seems there's more to choose from now.

Actually, I'd like to see if ashabbir1 could even use all his cards for holiday shopping! Smiley Very Happy
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love Christmas! It is, however, the only thing that makes me hate shopping. Mom wants a green ipod nano this year -- not one of those old ones, but the NEW square one. I'm trying to figure out the best mix of fatwallet-type sites and rewards credit cards to save some money AND get what she wants. Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started shopping already. Purchased a sweet Nikon 7.1megapixel camera!  LOVE it

Wal-mart has started to offer so great items every Friday.  They are preparing for black friday.  I am only using my gold card.  I don't want to owe anyone a dime!

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Holiday list (all for the new house if the current owner gets the &^%* title problem solved and we can settle - they need a quit claim and can't find the person (somewhere in TX) or any surviving relative)

New Living Room Furniture
New Family Room Furniture
New Master Bedroom Furniture
New MB Linens
New MBath set-up
New Kitchen Furniture
New Office Furniture (tax deductible, thankfully)
New Color Laser Printer/Scanner/Fax (tax deductible)
Pool & Poker Tables
New Window Treatments
PAINT!!!!!
3 DLPs and 1 Home Theatre System

I think my Citi card will be maxxed and PIF a few times at least and HD will get a work out along with JCP

Should help my CLIs - and eventually my scores.

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Digital cameras and digital video recorders are ubercheap on Black Friday.

Last year I was working at Super Target on Black Friday stocking overnight.  Great place for household appliances and electronics if you aren't too picky about the brand...prices are really good.  I wouldn't make it your first stop, but if everywhere else is packed or sold out, try Target.
Message 17 of 23
turninganewleaf
Regular Contributor

Am I the only one that after many years of NOT having any open CC's but paying off those balances for several months and finally getting them to $0 and now having 3 active cards (which I've managed to PIF on all 3 - one I've had for the past year and the other two I've had a couple of months)?

I'm so afraid I'll fall back into the "oh, i'll just charge and save my cash and pay later", mentality.  I was my own worst enemy back then! 

I freak out now if my balance gets over $100 just simply because I'm afraid $100 will quickly turn into $1000 again - which I would not be able to PIF in one month.  I know the sleigh center isn't where I need to be, but should we start another thread for those like me who are "afraid to use my cc's"!  Ha!

So far I've done well but I'm afraid what this holiday season may bring!
FICO 8/5/10; TU 724, EQ 702
FICO 6/9/09: TU 669, EQ 658, EX ???
FICO 7/20/07: TU 540; EQ 595, EX 544
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am spending $300 on x-mas gifts, whether it is for 3 or 30 people. Somebody better hope it is 3!!

No maxing otu the cards for me! I am steering clear of the malls, I don't have much self-control to not buy myself stuff. 
Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

turninganewleaf wrote:
Am I the only one that after many years of NOT having any open CC's but paying off those balances for several months and finally getting them to $0 and now having 3 active cards (which I've managed to PIF on all 3 - one I've had for the past year and the other two I've had a couple of months)?

I'm so afraid I'll fall back into the "oh, i'll just charge and save my cash and pay later", mentality.  I was my own worst enemy back then! 

I freak out now if my balance gets over $100 just simply because I'm afraid $100 will quickly turn into $1000 again - which I would not be able to PIF in one month.  I know the sleigh center isn't where I need to be, but should we start another thread for those like me who are "afraid to use my cc's"!  Ha!

So far I've done well but I'm afraid what this holiday season may bring!

Oh my Lord, do I know what you're going through.  I have anxiety attacks about my balances.  Collectively I've got about $7,000 in CC debt.  I wish I had a money tree...
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.