Don't become an app addict.

tag
culture
Regular Contributor

Re: Don't become an app addict.

@enharu wrote:

Ok I just updated creditkarma again.

SAD NEWS LOL.

Chase CSP reporting at 98% utilization (already PIF, but made new charges and got caught off guard by statement date).

Freedom reporting at 69% utilization

Barclays reporting at 50% utilization.

US Bank reporting at close to 40% utilization.

Rest are under 5% utilization or no balance at all.

CK score now 669..........

To add: Discover and Citi has yet to report new accounts.

how old is the discovery  ?

Message 91 of 98
enharu
Super Contributor

About a month and half. Has yet to report to the CRAs
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 92 of 98
MyWorthiness
Established Member

Do you monitor you utilization % on your cards?

Message 93 of 98
MyWorthiness
Established Member

Can someone tell me how to get "free" credit scores, which is the closest to being right? I use CreditKarma and Creditsesame. I want to kow how to get a free score from Walmart & any other free site. I have an account for credit monitoring through my bank but all of my scores are different. Please help. Thanks

Message 94 of 98
enharu
Super Contributor

I usually monitor my utilization to a certain extent, but i don't pay much attention or give much regard to it most of the time. If I need to charge something I will even if it means my statement that's going to cut the next day reflect a high balance.

However, whenever you are about to apply for cards or any kind of loan, pay attention to your utilization and make sure everything is paid off or paid as much as you can.

Walmart offers free score if you are a member. Most sites give you a FAKO score. It can vary a lot, or a little with your real fico score.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 95 of 98
MyWorthiness
Established Member

Do you mean a member to Walmart as in having a walmart.com credit account?

Message 96 of 98
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

I realized i was heading into a dangerous zone once i got approved for my first instant approval credit card in March. Applied for 4 cards in March, (2 AMEX, 1 Citi, 1 Bofa). Then one in April (WF, which i ended up closing). Then this month i get approved for 3 more (Amex, Chase, US Bank). I have STOPPED! I am done with credit card apps till next year. I may have even positioned myself for a FR from AMEX once they see Chase and US bank report., (opened 4 new accounts along with their cards). I got app happy! so easily to fall into that state of mind. I am done applying for anything until next year. My AAOA is at 3-3.8 years among all 3 CRs and everything has reported except  one AMEX (which will backdated to 2011) and both Chase and US bank.. Im sure to take a little hit on my AAOA. I was doing so good for 7 months of gardening but one instant approval let to another and the rest is history.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 97 of 98
USF813
Frequent Contributor

I couldn't agree more with the title of this post. My last app was 4-24-13 and I'm in the garden until I start looking to refinance my condo. No short term rush is worth screwing up your scores. Pick 2 to 3 cards that A. You'll receive value from. And B. You know you have a decent chance of getting approved. These people with 10+ cards worry me. What's the point? If you can't answer that with an honest and logical answer then you have a problem.
Message 98 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.