Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't put rental car on Sams club Mastercard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't put rental car on Sams club Mastercard

Sams club card 5-3-1 card gives you 3% cashback on dining and all travel charge
I just called to find out if they have Rental car damage waiver and Travel accident insurance
They have Neither

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Don't put rental car on Sams club Mastercard

Smiley Happy

Good to know.
Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I feel like at most that might cover your detectable anyway... if you have insurance shouldn't be an issue... I would never count on a credit card for my coverage.

Message 3 of 8
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

The CSR might not be properly informed.  I have a card I called about from Comenity that I was told did not have it, but in fact it did!  I checked the MC website to find out.  Most every card out there has this feature as it is provided from either MC or Visa as part of the card platform.  Only the really basic cards don't have it.  By baic, I don't mean basic based on the issuer, but basic based on MC or Visa.  I think MC has a way that if you type in your account number it can tell you.  I think this is how I found out that my card did indeed have it.  I don't remember the link, but I think it was located on the website under benefits.  I didn't actually use that card for the car rental at the time, it's reward structure wasn't as good is another card I had at the time.

So it might actually have it and the CSR might not have been aware of it.  You could check the MC website or call back and speak with a supervisor and ask them to check the info.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TiggerDat wrote:

The CSR might not be properly informed.  I have a card I called about from Comenity that I was told did not have it, but in fact it did!  I checked the MC website to find out.  Most every card out there has this feature as it is provided from either MC or Visa as part of the card platform.  Only the really basic cards don't have it.  By baic, I don't mean basic based on the issuer, but basic based on MC or Visa.  I think MC has a way that if you type in your account number it can tell you.  I think this is how I found out that my card did indeed have it.  I don't remember the link, but I think it was located on the website under benefits.  I didn't actually use that card for the car rental at the time, it's reward structure wasn't as good is another card I had at the time.

So it might actually have it and the CSR might not have been aware of it.  You could check the MC website or call back and speak with a supervisor and ask them to check the info.

Sam's MC is not World or World Elite.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TiggerDat wrote:

I was Shocked when I spoke with CSR so I asked to speak with manager
Manager told me only mastercard benefit on this card is
Purchase protection, Price guarantee and Fraud protection

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

I feel like at most that might cover your detectable anyway... if you have insurance shouldn't be an issue... I would never count on a credit card for my coverage.

Actually Rental car damage waiver is very useful feature
I did some minor damage on the bumper of rental car
Rental car charged me $800
I got Visa to pay for it
If I have to buy damage waiver though rental car company it costs around $15 per day

Message 7 of 8
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Thanks. Kind of a drag, Walmart MC same thing.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.