Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Done with Mission Lane !!!

tag
Bippy_33
Regular Contributor

Done with Mission Lane !!!

Since my mission lane card is obviously not going to grow past $600.00 I called in to pull the trigger to close it. This by far was the easiest card to close as of yet. I just told the CSR to close it and he didn't bother asking why and he said I just need to read you a script and that was it. It took all of about 35 seconds on the phone. I have  better cards that have been growing with me so, I feel relieved now !  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Done with Mission Lane !!!

@Bippy_33 wrote:

Since my mission lane card is obviously not going to grow past $600.00 I called in to pull the trigger to close it. This by far was the easiest card to close as of yet. I just told the CSR to close it and he didn't bother asking why and he said I just need to read you a script and that was it. It took all of about 35 seconds on the phone. I have  better cards that have been growing with me so, I feel relieved now !  Smiley Happy

Hi @Bippy_33 Did you ask for the CLI on your Mission Lane card. Howlong did you have your Mission Lane Card?  I read several people got CLI on their cards. I am planning to apply for Mission Lane card in August. Hope they will approve it for me.

Message 2 of 25
Bippy_33
Regular Contributor

@Red1Blue  I didn't ask for any cli and he didn't bother asking me why I wanted to close it. I've had it for 1.6 years now and never had any increase so, since I don't use it I decided to get rid of it. No reason to keep it if I'm not using it. I feel better unloading it to be hones !

Message 3 of 25
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Bippy_33 wrote:

@Red1Blue  I didn't ask for any cli and he didn't bother asking me why I wanted to close it. I've had it for 1.6 years now and never had any increase so, since I don't use it I decided to get rid of it. No reason to keep it if I'm not using it. I feel better unloading it to be hones !

Did your card has an AF? I saw two offers on two different websites. One says $59 AF and other says $0 AF. I am planning to apply on Credit Karma Website which has $0 AF.

Message 4 of 25
Bippy_33
Regular Contributor

It didn't have an AF and I know some people will say just let it age instead of closing it but, the $600.00 limit wasn't worth it and I just felt it's better to get rid of it. Each person is different I know but, that's just what I felt was best to do.  Smiley Happy @Red1Blue 

Message 5 of 25
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Bippy_33 wrote:

It didn't have an AF and I know some people will say just let it age instead of closing it but, the $600.00 limit wasn't worth it and I just felt it's better to get rid of it. Each person is different I know but, that's just what I felt was best to do.  Smiley Happy @Red1Blue 

Thanks @Bippy_33 I have been gardening for about a year. It will take couple of more years for my scores to see a boost. In the meain time I thought of apping for Mission Lane in August. After that freeze my reports for another 12 months and garden again. Hope they will approve it for me. Let us see.

How  was your experience dealing with Mission Lane. Are they friendly to deal with ?

Message 6 of 25
Bippy_33
Regular Contributor

@Red1Blue  The only time I've had to speak with them was today and the guy sounded like he was happy to close it just to get off of the phone. So, I've never called in to speak with them before until today. If I remember correctly I think you have to have an invitation to apply but, I could be wrong. They served their purpose and I just felt like it was time to move on since they weren't going to budge past $600.00

Message 7 of 25
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

I got a cli from 750-1050 at 6 mos, auto cli

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 8 of 25
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

I got a cli from 750-1050 at 6 mos

What is the starting limit they gave you? Did you have to use it a lot in 6 months to get the CLI to $1050 ?

Message 9 of 25
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

My sl was 750 with 59 af. i used the card at up to 30 percent of available bal and always carried a balance of 10-30 percent. my scores are mid 600's, i have a bk7 disch 12.2019 and have 11 old lates showing. i've had the card about 10 mos.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.