Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Cash Question

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Double Cash Question

Most DCs that are WEMC are WEMC in name only and don’t provide the benefits so it’s not worth jumping through hoops to get.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
A Google search shows a lot of similar issues on other sites and years of threads here. :/

It seems almost random who gets a WMC & WEMC.

Lots of people calling to ask about it/the benefits. Customer service reps saying WEMC citi double cards don't exist...even though caller is holding it in hand.

Some get told it depends partly on how much you use it.

Some get told Mastercard decides it.

And all other sorts of inaccurate & unhelpful replies by customer service.

Saw someone say they requested replacements through the year and 2nd replacement was a WEMC.
Maybe tell them you keep losing your card every week until you get a WEMC? lol "yea, I know I lose it often. Maybe if it were a WEMC, I'd care enough to remember where I placed it."
(Note: though you could anger them with super frequent replacements and they close your account)

HAHAHAHA!!!!!

Thank you!

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had a WEMC Citi DC card for a couple years.  My WMC just got updated during a typical card replacement cycle at that time.  My credit scores are 790+, and I was heavily using the DC for a while when the upgrade occured - which may have helped.

I'm not sure WEMC means much on a card that doesn't have an AF.  Cards that have an AF + WEMC seem to have premier type of benefits.

Message 13 of 15
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Had to look after reading...

mine was issued as a WEMC.

Not that that fact alone is important to me

Account is just about a year old.

Adding Data Points

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's useless actually.
You literally get zero benefits in your citi dc between a wemc and wmc. Just boasting rights.

Not worth the time to change your dc. If it's bothering you, then get the capital one savor or savorone. At least the savorone (and also savor) has a WEMC that would give you a $10 free on lyft every month if you take 5 rides and Pay with WEMC.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.