Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Cash WEMC Airport Lounge Access?

tag
Samac
Regular Contributor

Double Cash WEMC Airport Lounge Access?

I'll be traveling next month and have an extensive layover in Chicago. I noticed there's a few priority lounges in O'Hare but I'm wondering if we get access by just showing out WEMC? I've never been through an airport with the lounges since I've been on the super credit card train so I was wondering how all of this works. Thanks!

edit: I'm asking because I don't even know if our card provides lounge access considering it's a no annual fee card. I also don't want so show up and go "let me in!@ and look incredibly stupid. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Double Cash WEMC Airport Lounge Access?

Youn either have to buy a Pririoty Pass memebership or get through AMEX PLAT CSR or CITI's Thnak You top Tier. If you not paying a $450AF your card probabl;y doies not have AP lounge access.

Message 2 of 10
Samac
Regular Contributor

That's what I thought. I saw someone else post in another thread that you could get into MasterCard associated lounges with WEMC for free earlier today but I lost the post so I thought I'd ask. Thanks!
Message 3 of 10
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

I would call the number on back of card as I found out with the concierge service, when checking the MC site said not eligible,upon calling Citi about this was told had to use the Citi concierge service to get the benefits,,, won't hurt to find out ,,,if card has it on their you probably got it, Good Luck & have a safe trip !!!!!!!!
p.s. let us know how it works out please.....

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't get lounge access from purely having a WEMC or a Visa Signature.  Concierge service is completely separate and has no relationship to lounge access.  For that you need specific cards that either give you Priority Pass or a branded card like the Citi AA Executive card that gives you access to AA Admiral Clubs.

There is a free app called 'Lounge Buddy' that will show you all the lounges at worldwide airports and what card you need to gain access to those lounges

Message 5 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

You don't get lounge access from purely having a WEMC or a Visa Signature.  Concierge service is completely separate and has no relationship to lounge access.  For that you need specific cards that either give you Priority Pass or a branded card like the Citi AA Executive card that gives you access to AA Admiral Clubs.

There is a free app called 'Lounge Buddy' that will show you all the lounges at worldwide airports and what card you need to gain access to those lounges

I owe you a good drink if I'm ever passing through one of your places Irish, thanks for the protip on that to make my own airport lounge seeking when I need it much easier!

        
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Samac wrote:

I'll be traveling next month and have an extensive layover in Chicago. I noticed there's a few priority lounges in O'Hare but I'm wondering if we get access by just showing out WEMC? I've never been through an airport with the lounges since I've been on the super credit card train so I was wondering how all of this works. Thanks!

edit: I'm asking because I don't even know if our card provides lounge access considering it's a no annual fee card. I also don't want so show up and go "let me in!@ and look incredibly stupid. 

If you have a really long layover, it's worth purchasing a day pass to a lounge if that is your only option.  I recently had 6 hours at Dulles AND had to take a final exam online during that time.  Nice chairs, good Wi-Fi and "free" wine made that the best $69 bucks I spent the whole trip.

Message 7 of 10
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Samac wrote:
That's what I thought. I saw someone else post in another thread that you could get into MasterCard associated lounges with WEMC for free earlier today but I lost the post so I thought I'd ask. Thanks!

In Mexico City's international airport there is a Mastercard lounge. You can enter with most Mastercard cards. There is a special area that only service people with WEMC.

I don't know if there are other MC lounges.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@newhis wrote:

@Samac wrote:

In Mexico City's international airport there is a Mastercard lounge. You can enter with most Mastercard cards. There is a special area that only service people with WEMC.

Evidently, they just opened one in Budapest.

There is a website called priority pass, which seems to be somehow related to WEMC.  Searchable, but doesn't give a list.  Perhaps someone with more patience than me can find a way to get information from it,

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@newhis wrote:

@Samac wrote:

Evidently, they just opened one in Budapest.

There is a website called priority pass, which seems to be somehow related to WEMC.  Searchable, but doesn't give a list.  Perhaps someone with more patience than me can find a way to get information from it,

Priority Pass has no relationship to WEMC.  It is a lounge access service that can either be purchased or you receive it when getting certain credit cards like Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve or the Ritz Carlton cards.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.