cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Dipping with Chase Freedom? (Shop Through Chase @ Macys)

tag
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Double Dipping with Chase Freedom? (Shop Through Chase @ Macys)

Hello myFICO members, this quarter of Chase Freedom, the category is 5% cashback and major retailers. Under this, falls Macy's. This is a 5% cashback while shopping in-store and online. Now, if you go to the Chase Freedom Ultimate Rewards portal, Macys.com is listed as having a 3% more cashback (I'm assuming from the 1% cashback on "all other purchases") totalling 4% cashback through "Shop Through Chase." As it is both through the Ultimate Rewards "Shop Through Chase" and the 5% category, would buying through the portal total 9% cashback currently?

Please advise if you have tried this and what your actual cashback turned out to be.

Thank you

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Double Dipping with Chase Freedom? (Shop Through Chase @ Macys)

Yes, you'll earn 9% if you shop at Macy's thru the portal

Message 2 of 7
krial
Regular Contributor

That's the way it works with Discover.

I can't answer about Chase because everything I checked in their shopping portal gave me more cash back through Discover's portal or Ebates instead.

Curious though; going to keep an eye on this thread for when someone with a real answer responds!

Edit: Answered while I was typing. That's great to know!

Goal: 800, Current Scores: EX 735, EQ 746, TU 745
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well 3+5=8, but yes you should earn whatever cb Shop through Chase offers, on top of the quarterly 5%. In my account I see that Macy's is 5% on the online portal, so I would get a total of 10% if I used it.

Message 4 of 7
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

I just checked my portal and have this 

Macy's :

Freedom portal - 5%

CSR portal - 3%

ink cash portal - 3%

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it differs by card? I would have never thought, I just assumed it's one portal.

Message 6 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

I just checked my portal and have this 

Macy's :

Freedom portal - 5%

CSR portal - 3%

ink cash portal - 3%

Wheras other portals have more:

http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/macy-s/

ShopAtHome 15%, BeFrugal and EBates are 10%.   And you can use your Chase card to get the 5% (or 5x UR) on top of that

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.