Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Dipping

tag
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

Re: Double Dipping

I don't think people can do that because you can just makE infinite cb by doing so with your multiple credit cards back and forth a million times...

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 11 of 24
TheFate
Established Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:
I don't think people can do that because you can just makE infinite cb by doing so with your multiple credit cards back and forth a million times...

Maybe it's never been done yet lol

Message 12 of 24
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@TheFate wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

Maybe it's never been done yet lol

There are limits put in place for an reason . If banks algorithms see some abnormal spending like way over your income, you will get busted and may have IRS knocking on your door lol 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 13 of 24
UTK_GOBO
Valued Member

The simple answer is yes. There are a lot of different ways and services out there that allowed you to do this. 

I have way too many cards ...
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the fees for using credit cards outweigh the points you get at the end of it off. Maybe you're better off buying gold with your CC, sell that gold back, pay off your CC, and accumulate points Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 24
TheFate
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think the fees for using credit cards outweigh the points you get at the end of it off. Maybe you're better off buying gold with your CC, sell that gold back, pay off your CC, and accumulate points Smiley Happy

What fees?

Message 16 of 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@TheFate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What fees?

You cannot, directly, pay say your Capital One card  by entering your Chase credit card number, so you have to do it some other way.   Some one example would be to get a convenience check from Chase  and use that, similar to a balance transfer, but there are often (although not always) fees for this.  Or, is in Slate, no rewards.   But in theory if you have two cards with 0% APR for BT and no fee, forever, and gave rewards you could do that.

Otherwise you can use things like serve, which has low limits, or Bluebird, where loading with cards would have fees, or other similar bill pay derivatives.  Generally, all these companies want to make money somehow

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheFate

Every time you use a CC, someone's getting charged a ~2-3% fee. Usually the seller. If you're using a CC to pay off a CC through whatever medium you'll be the one hit with that fee. So in most cases, if anyone were able to pay off a CC with another CC successfully to "double dip" on points, they'll probably just break even at best.

By the way, I'm new to these forums and cannot figure out how to quote someone in a post. Is there a button somewhere I'm missing?

Message 18 of 24
TheFate
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@TheFate

Every time you use a CC, someone's getting charged a ~2-3% fee. Usually the seller. If you're using a CC to pay off a CC through whatever medium you'll be the one hit with that fee. So in most cases, if anyone were able to pay off a CC with another CC successfully to "double dip" on points, they'll probably just break even at best.

By the way, I'm new to these forums and cannot figure out how to quote someone in a post. Is there a button somewhere I'm missing?

Thanks for explaining

Yes, when you hit the reply button and brought to the new screen look up to the right you'll see the Quote button

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheFate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@TheFate

Thanks for explaining

Yes, when you hit the reply button and brought to the new screen look up to the right you'll see the Quote button

Ahh there it is, thanks Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.