cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double and Triple pulls by Chase and Amex?

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Double and Triple pulls by Chase and Amex?

When you guys get double pulled do the banks appear differently on different CRA's? In the past, Chase has been reported as Chase Bank USA NA when they pulled Equifax on me, and First USA, NA when they pulled Experian. As for Citi, it was CBNA on TransUnion and CitiBank NA on Experian.

Message 11 of 17
Open123
Super Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

When you guys get double pulled do the banks appear differently on different CRA's? In the past, Chase has been reported as Chase Bank USA NA when they pulled Equifax on me, and First USA, NA when they pulled Experian. As for Citi, it was CBNA on TransUnion and CitiBank NA on Experian.

My last app with Chase (automated approval without recon) was double pulled on Ex and Eq.  Here's the intereting part.  Initially, on Ex the pull read "Chase Bank NA," while Eq was labled "First Bank NA."

Now, Eq is listed as "Chase Bank USA."

PS - Only Chase double pulls me, and Barclay too, but *only* if I recon.

Message 12 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

Chase never pulled my EQ, so I can't say much about that.
On my TU they would show up as Chase, and on my EX it showed up as Chase one time, First USA, NA the 2nd. No idea why the difference in name.

After a couple weeks it auto corrects to Chase though.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 17
HiLine
Blogger

@Open123 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

My last app with Chase (automated approval without recon) was double pulled on Ex and Eq.  Here's the intereting part.  Initially, on Ex the pull read "Chase Bank NA," while Eq was labled "First Bank NA."

Now, Eq is listed as "Chase Bank USA."

PS - Only Chase double pulls me, and Barclay too, but *only* if I recon.

Interesting. I was curious and checked my reports, and sure enough, the labels of the banks on my Experian (not Equifax like your case) report changed as well:

- Citi, from CitiBank to CBNA

- Chase, from First USA to Chase Bank

What gives? Cat Frustrated

Message 14 of 17
Bluedog23
Regular Contributor

Good information. Thanks. What I get from this is that my wish to only get one inquiry apping to either Chase or Amex is probably not very realistic. The only thing that might flag me as borderline is the six months of recent history even though AAoA is from 5-8 years depending on cra. Since one seems no more likely to double or triple than the other, I'll take my chances. I've got 2 inqs on two CRA's and three on the other. Darned my fear of inqs.
EX 805 FICO, EQ Fico 762; TU. 768Discover)
Message 15 of 17
HiLine
Blogger

@Bluedog23 wrote:
Good information. Thanks. What I get from this is that my wish to only get one inquiry apping to either Chase or Amex is probably not very realistic. The only thing that might flag me as borderline is the six months of recent history even though AAoA is from 5-8 years depending on cra. Since one seems no more likely to double or triple than the other, I'll take my chances. I've got 2 inqs on two CRA's and three on the other. Darned my fear of inqs.

Are you concerned about inquiries affecting your CC applications? If so, schedule your application sprees at least 6 months apart, and each time hit the Submit buttons as closely in time as possible so lenders will not see the brand new inquiries.

Message 16 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@Bluedog23 wrote:
I've read on here that double and sometimes triple pulls happen with Chase and Amex.Does anyone know what precipitates such measures-- what are they looking for? Or is this just something they do to random applicants?

Also, who are the folks most likely to get instant approvals?

folks who are most likely to get instant approvals are usually people who have an established credit history with no major derogs on file.

if you're borderline approval, chances are they will triple pull you.

Chase seems to be double pulling people a lot, even in cases where people were approved instantly with >10k CLs. I wish I know why.

Yes, I don't think that double pulls are just for borderline apps these days, Chase and Citi each did this to me, while giving instant approvals above $15K.  But others have reported still getting single pulls, so we just don't know.

And it might be the same for triple pulls.

I could imagine it would be useful research for a bank, take x % of apps and double pull them, to get some idea what they miss by single pulls, but that is probably not the reason!

I can personally assure you they do this and more with their data Smiley Wink.

Well not specifically in Chase's case but I have to assume they're the same as every other lender I've worked for in this regard, would make no business sense for them not to be.  It costs more money for them to pull multiple bureaus, and even more money to generate scores for them but I suspect they can pull a report sans score vis a vis Freedom internal scoring.

        
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.