Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DoubleCash to Custom Cash

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DoubleCash to Custom Cash

have accepted defeat as well and dont think it will be a straight through conversion.. probably PC to rewards + or another no AF card then change again in approx 60 days to get around apparently what they want to block for whatever reason as every other card including AA cards can be pc'ed.  I have many other 2-3% cards including AOD so losing the DC for a few months will certainly not impact me.

edit: will do miles-up vs. rewards + so i don't lose bonus in future for TYP sign-up of prestige 50k-80k offer or whatever it is around and alot more valuable then the miles-up 10-15k miles offer

Message 21 of 226
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShinsekaiYori wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@ShinsekaiYori wrote:

Has anyone been successful in product changing the doublecash to the custom cash yet?

I know there was rumors of it being possible on the 1st, but I've yet to see any DP regarding it. I Ieally hope they don't permanently exclude the DC from being eligible.

Hi @ShinsekaiYori ,

One report of a PC from Citi Rewards+ to Custom Cash ... YMMV

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Citi-Custom-Cash-Card-Transfer-Approval/m-p/6383367

Yeah I've tried a couple of times now to PC the doublecash to no avail. I haven't tried since the first so I may give it another shot today. If I do I'll report back with what happened. 

Hey this is my post! I see that people are not getting the clear to transfer to this card and I'm shocked.

Message 22 of 226
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

So went through with it and will report back.  Converted my 29k Citi DC card to Miles Up card..  Hopefully after approx 60 days it will allow me to PC the Miles Up to the Custom Cash card.  I don't think the DC will be allowed to be PC'ed as citi knows they would be losing money on that or not making as much.  So doing the more complex way.  If it doesnt work well be stuck with a no AF miles up AA card that will keep my AA miles alives since currently don't have an AA card and awaiting for 48 months to be up since last personal AA card and Miles Up doesnt count against that for bonus reasons.  Will report back in a few months.  Hopefully people that have more patience than myself are allowed to PC their DC to Custom Cash in the near future, but suspect that won't happen as PC's have been allowed close to a month now i believe on basically every other card to Custom Cash.

Message 23 of 226
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity   I think I may be right behind you. Getting annoyed with their refusal to PC, while knowing they allow PC to Rewards+ and other cards, and also allow PC from those cards to CustomCash. So they are forcing everyone to do the workaround. And the sooner I start the workaround, the sooner I'll have my CustomCash. 

So 102 days.....I'll provide an update as well.

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 24 of 226
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Taurus22 wrote:

@CreditCuriosity   I think I may be right behind you. Getting annoyed with their refusal to PC, while knowing they allow PC to Rewards+ and other cards, and also allow PC from those cards to CustomCash. So they are forcing everyone to do the workaround. And the sooner I start the workaround, the sooner I'll have my CustomCash. 

So 102 days.....I'll provide an update as well.

Ya kinda what i figure worse case I believe is gotta wait whatever the time frame is on PC's whether it is two months or four months as need to do more research on this.  Least I started the clock though.  I would honestly PC to the Miles up AA if I were you as that way you don't shoot yourself in the foot if you go after sign-up bonuses at all as if you PC to a TYP card you gotta wait 48 months to get another bonus.  It has been 48 months+ since I have last got a TYP card and that is worth 800 in travel on current Citi Premier card.  I am in middle of a mortgage for next 4 or so months so being mellow and just PC'ing and doing SP clis, etc.  I will be all over that card though once done for the sign-up bonus though.  Just something to think about as the miles up card only applies to the AA miles up card, none of the other AA card citi offers.   Not sure if you are a bonus chaser or not, but something to consider.  Good luck whatever route you decide to take!

Edit: btw new card is already showing up on dashboard although can change my mind i think till 28th of the month they said if I want to cancel although new card is suppose to be here in 14ish days...

Message 25 of 226
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity   Thanks for the info. Have you verified that the AA Miles Up can be PC'ed directly to the CustomCash?  I've been so zoned into the DC--> CC that I haven't really paid attention to other options, other than the Rewards+ that I already know is convertible.

I don't particularly chase SUB's, but I also tend not to carry multiple cards from the same lender. But given what you've mentioned, I guess I wouldn't want to sell myself short.... in case I decided another Citi card might be beneficial 2 years from now. That's good thinkin' there...

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

Message 26 of 226
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Taurus22 wrote:

@CreditCuriosity   Thanks for the info. Have you verified that the AA Miles Up can be PC'ed directly to theCustomCashh?  I've been so zoned into the DC--> CC that I haven't really paid attention to other options, other than the Rewards+ that I already know is convertible.

I don't particularly chase SUB's, but I also tend not to carry multiple cards from the same lender. But given what you've mentioned, I guess I wouldn't want to sell myself short.... in case I decided anotherCitii card might be beneficial 2 years from now. That's good thinkin' there...

Did a bit of research alot of Citii Card AA talk and at least one DP on this thread of Miles up card coverted and many other AA platinum cards as well.

httpss:/wwwwredditt.com/rCreditCardss/commentsomozwaacitii_custom_cash_supposedly_opens_to_product/

Message 27 of 226
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity   I'm currently in the middle of that thread link you shared, still working on it.  But already, according to the initial post, it appears the AA Miles Up creates a new card number, which would seem to infer that they are starting an entirely new credit line. The priority for me is keeping the 5.5 yr credit line. I'm going to keep reading, but that's a red flag already....

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

Message 28 of 226
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Taurus22 wrote:

@CreditCuriosity   I'm currently in the middle of that thread link you shared, still working on it.  But already, according to the initial post, it appears the AA Miles Up creates a new card number, which would seem to infer that they are starting an entirely new credit line. The priority for me is keeping the 5.5 yr credit line. I'm going to keep reading, but that's a red flag already....

Account history should carry over.  Yes would be a new Card number that is correct, but Citi carries over history of old account so say your DC is 4 years old it will show an open date of your DC account on your AA or TYP account or whatever it might be you choose to go with.  Alot of the other cards as you echoed that allows a PC don't generate a new account #, not sure what the reason for that is vs. DC to whatever card does generate a new account number, but as mentioned your history 99% will be carried over and will not be considered a new account.  If I was worried about a new account hitting me I certainly would not of done this as middle of a mortgage as mentioned and that is a no-no Smiley Happy and don't feel like typing a LOE (letter of explanation) of said new account.

Message 29 of 226
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

Could also downgrade to a Diamond Preferred and PC from there...

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

Message 30 of 226
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.