Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DoubleCash to Custom Cash

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DoubleCash to Custom Cash

@Taurus22 wrote:

@Anonymous   Awesome! I'm still sitting on my hands like a little boy with my knees bouncing, absolutely going nuts waiting for 1 more week to pass. I think this is the most impatient I've ever been with any of my credit cards. So if Citi screws the pooch on this, and I end up having to double-convert too, I'll only be a week behind you......lol.

We'll be looking for your Custom Cash conversion approval post by Oct. 15  Smiley Wink

@Taurus22 Another reason I didnt wait because someone else called and they said the glitch isnt true.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Citi-Product-Change/td-p/6387110

Message 71 of 226
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous   Hmmm. I hadn't read that post until now. I think I may call again tomorrow during daytime hours and see what another CSR tells me. If I get conflicting information, I may go ahead and move forward with the double-conversion. Sounds like none of them really know what the squat is going on.....I'll post another update afterward.

What doesn't make sense, is that Citi has to know by now with the flood of conversions (people changing their DC cards) to other random cards, that people are using the back door to reach the same result.  They already allow other conversions and people who use common sense know how to bypass it.  Why don't they go ahead and approve the direct conversion? All they're doing is making more work for themselves, by having to convert twice.... *shrug*

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 72 of 226
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

So after getting nowhere with both a CSR and Supervisor today, I ended up calling the EO to discuss everything, explaining that I have been given very conflicted information about all of this. I have been given 4-5 different excuses by every representative I have talked to, and today they made it sound like they weren't going to allow me to do a double-conversion.  He has referred me to a Citi credit analyst that will be calling me in the "next few days".  I'm going to get to the bottom of this one way or the other.  Updates to come..... *smh*

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

Message 73 of 226
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Taurus22 Kudos to you on your persistence! Citi ought to pay you - you're literally doing their work for them. Really inexplicable why they're apparently so against allowing direct DC -> CC conversions. You'd think they'd encourage PCs - costs 'em a heckuva less than having DC customers qualify for the $200 SUB by opening a new account.

Message 74 of 226
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Taurus22 Keep us updated. This has been a long journey to get the custom cash. Smiley Very Happy We should have just applied for it.

Message 75 of 226
NRB525
Super Contributor

I have a MileUp card, downgrade from my first AA card original 2015 opening. I have 5,000 AA miles, but the required spend to build that up to anything useful is not appealing, American Airlines isn't a big player out of SEA and their offers on Alaska aren't as good as before. So I called today and had them convert the MileUp to Custom Cash. 

Logged in to the Citi site. For years now I haven't had any BT offers on my MileUp. "You have a balance transfer offer". Well, the positives start immediately. Already reflects as Custom Cash on my online account. 

The offer for the Citi Premier looks enticing also. I may have to explore TYP opportunities Smiley Happy

eta: Cannot do a BT just yet because the card number changes, and the new card is not yet in hand to verify.  Will have to try the existing AA card for Custom Cash transactions just to play with the categories.  Fun!

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 76 of 226
craig10x
Regular Contributor

@Credit12Fico wrote:

@craig10x wrote:

@Yasselife wrote:

I've read from a member here that there was a glitch in their system that's expected to be fixed by Sep 1st.

@Mr_Mojo_Risin 

It's not true, apparently...i chatted with a CSR today and she said there is no glitch in the system and that although they are working on setting up conversion of Double Cash to Custom Cash, there is NO TIMELINE...said to check back every 2-4 weeks... Smiley Frustrated

Hardly surprising.  With their IT, it could take years for the PC functionality on the DC.

I chatted with Citi today and she said to check back in 1 to 2 statement cycles to see IF they are permitting conversions from double cash to custom cash which means you could wait 2 months and then find out you STILL can't do it...

So, i went ahead and converted to Rewards Plus first today...In the conversion info it said that i have until October 17th to reverse it and then it "locks in"...so around October 20 when it is locked in...then i will try to convert from Rewards Plus to Custom Cash (which is allowed)...

Message 77 of 226
craig10x
Regular Contributor

I did the conversion from Double Cash to Rewards Plus...only took about 3 days for my transaction activity to transition to the Rewards Plus Card and then unlinked Double Cash from my Banking Profile...my account number did change on the new card but the transactions were transferred from my old card...

Now the question is:  how long do you have to wait before you can product change again...

Some have said you have to wait until the new card is locked in which takes about 6 weeks...The fine print on the conversion info when i did the chat with the rep said that i have until Octover 17th when the new card gets locked in and you can no longer revert back to the old card...

So i was wondering...does anyone know how that works?  Must i wait until the lock in date it would i be able to do it sooner?

Message 78 of 226
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

@craig10x   My understanding is that you have to wait until the lock date has passed....typically 51 days from the conversion date. So to be safe, for you I would target Oct. 18.  Good luck with everything!

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

Message 79 of 226
craig10x
Regular Contributor

Thanks!  I looked at the calendar and Oct 17th would be exactly 51 days after the conversion date...So, i will wait until at least Oct 18th to try to do that second conversion to Custom Cash...Appreciate the feedback... Smiley Happy

Message 80 of 226
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.