Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade Alaska card

tag
ficomember
Contributor

Downgrade Alaska card

I have good history with my Alaska card $75 personal. If I don't wish to keep the card, what credit card I should downgrade to keep the cards history? 

I'll get Alaska card later on down the road. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Downgrade Alaska card

While it can often be difficult or impossible to product change from cobranded to core cards, there have been success stories with the Alaska Airlines card.  You should be able to PC to Cash Rewards or Travel Rewards by calling them.   Note that not all CSRs at BOA are familiar with the process and it may require HUCA.   It can also take weeks for the process.

Message 2 of 8
ficomember
Contributor

If I want the sub In the future, do I wait 24 months after my downgrade or my original sub receipt which is 4 years ago.

Message 3 of 8
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

"This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period."

September 2022 you would be eligible again.

Message 4 of 8
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

"This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period."

Jw, do you have this card or have had it? Considering adding it to my lineup. Companion fare seems like it could yield a good amount of value. 

Message 5 of 8
Hoben02
Frequent Contributor

I did a product change from the alaska card to the bofa cash rewards on 5/19 and then reapplied on 10/19 they gave me the SUB again. My reason for doing this was I didn't like the expiration date for the companion pass and wanted it set to near the end of the year

Chase (CSP,CF,CFU,southwest premier)
Barclay(jetblue, arrival)
Bofa(US pride, premium, travel, cash, Suzy komen)
Citi(Premier, Double cash, Costco)
Fnbo(Mlife)
Amex(everyday, cash, Hilton)
Blockfi
Caesars rewards
Sofi
Gemini
Cap One Savor One
Message 6 of 8
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@randomguy1 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Jw, do you have this card or have had it? Considering adding it to my lineup. Companion fare seems like it could yield a good amount of value. 

No.  I considered going for it and doing a status match, then decided not to after trying out a transcon flight in F.

Message 7 of 8
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I have had the hardest time trying to get anyone who will let me PC my Alaska Airlines card. Tried the HUCA 3 times and gave up. May try giving it another try and see if that yield a different result. I soooo want out of this card but I've had it for a long time and a limit north of $50k so I'd rather PC it than close it.

I can use the Alaska companion pass but flying with Alaska requires too much work now that they've cut all but one route from my home airport.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.