Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade CSR and travel credit

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Downgrade CSR and travel credit

I know this was mentioned earlier but as a hypothetical so I was wondering about actual experience.   

I have had the CSR for several years,  and the AF is due in a few days.     After an exhaustive analysis of my spend on CSR/CFF/CFU   (i.e. a few minutes) I have decided to downgrade to CSP.   On my pending statement, I see a few charges have been credited with the $300 Travel credit.   Now these total about $22 so not huge, but I was wondering if Chase will want to recharge them when I do the downgrade.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Downgrade CSR and travel credit

I had CSR from roughly April 2018 to Jan 2020, when I PCed to a second Freedom. My travel credits were not reversed, but IIRC I was on a "card anniversary" credit schedule and I think the older cards were on a calendar year schedule.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 5
SPChaser
Established Contributor

I would think you would earned the travel credit, and if they were to take it away, Chase would be pretty grimme indeed. 

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 3 of 5
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@SPChaser wrote:

I would think you would earned the travel credit, and if they were to take it away, Chase would be pretty grimme indeed. 

you mean like amex? Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 5
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

I know this was mentioned earlier but as a hypothetical so I was wondering about actual experience.   

I have had the CSR for several years,  and the AF is due in a few days.     After an exhaustive analysis of my spend on CSR/CFF/CFU   (i.e. a few minutes) I have decided to downgrade to CSP.   On my pending statement, I see a few charges have been credited with the $300 Travel credit.   Now these total about $22 so not huge, but I was wondering if Chase will want to recharge them when I do the downgrade.

Downgraded in early 2020. Chase didn't take back any of the credits back then.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.