cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrading United Mileage Plus Club....??????

tag
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

Downgrading United Mileage Plus Club....??????

Hi All:

Question about folks who downgraded cards with Chase.  Does downgrading creat a new account?  My UA Club card is up for renewal next month and I'm looking to downgrade to the Mileageplus before the AF hits.  Would doing this create a new account?  I would like to keep the age of account.  Thanks in advance!!!

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: Downgrading United Mileage Plus Club....??????

I don't think that you can downgrade Chase Co-branded cards?. Could be wrong though
Message 2 of 6
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@irunfromcredit wrote:

Hi All:

Question about folks who downgraded cards with Chase.  Does downgrading creat a new account?  My UA Club card is up for renewal next month and I'm looking to downgrade to the Mileageplus before the AF hits.  Would doing this create a new account?  I would like to keep the age of account.  Thanks in advance!!!

I just downgraded United Mileage Plus Explorer into a no AF one couple weeks ago.  Smiley Happy

You get to keep the same account number. It WILL NOT create a new account and keep the age of account. 

Message 3 of 6
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

@csryang wrote:

@irunfromcredit wrote:

Hi All:

I just downgraded United Mileage Plus Explorer into a no AF one couple weeks ago.  Smiley Happy

You get to keep the same account number. It WILL NOT create a new account and keep the age of account. 

Awesome!  Thanks for the info.  Going to send them a SM in the next week or so to request the downgrade.  Smiley Happy

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@csryang wrote:

@irunfromcredit wrote:

Hi All:

I have the Mileage Plus Explorer with the $95 AF. When you downgrade, what is the process like? What do you lose? Is the card, age, number etc ALL exactly the same as before?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@csryang wrote:

@irunfromcredit wrote:

Hi All:

I have the Mileage Plus Explorer with the $95 AF. When you downgrade, what is the process like? What do you lose? Is the card, age, number etc ALL exactly the same as before?

Just call them or SM requsting product change to the other card?

You won't lose anything 'credit' wise, only the stated and unstated 'benefits' of that particular AF card such as free checked baggage and XN fare class in this case.  They will also take their time to read you /copy paste these and more details before asking you to confirm the PC.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.