Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dream come true!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dream come true!

Quickie post here, as I have to be at work in 30 min., so here it goes:

I decided to play around with the balances I report on my Target card this month, hopefully enticing them to offer me a Visa. Since I knew updates would go out to the CRAs on the 11th, I decided to apply for a few credit cards: One from AMEX, a Discover More card, and a Bank Americard that I was 'preapproved' for online. I seriously didn't expect anything to happen, but this would give me an idea at least of what's going on.

That was three days ago. Here's what happened:

Amex flat out refused because of short history and the 90-day. Makes sense. I may recon just to talk to a real person. I could seriously (and responsibly) use that card. Or maybe we can find a card that I am approved for.

BoA can't even find my app. I haven't pulled any reports yet so I don't know if they did a hard pull or not. That's gonna munch if they did. Smiley Sad

That leaves only one card, the Discover. I got the dreaded 'reviewing' message and figured I was out of luck. I got a call today which I didn't answer, but called back after figuring out who it was. Talked to the lady and I was, get this, APPROVED! The terms are slightly different from what I applied for, but I now have a real Discover card!

I'll post the terms and stuff when I get the card next week in the mail.

Yay!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dream come true!

WTG....Congrats!!!   BTW...who did discover pull?
Message 2 of 13
UpNComing
Established Contributor

Congrats!  Thats great!  Not an easy card to get from what I hear.
CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 3 of 13
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!  Congrats!!
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would love to know, but I don't want to spend $50 to pull my reports again, and TC won't let me sign up because my report doesn't have enough information that I can verify. (Hogwash!) I do know Amex pulled EQ, my worst score. Smiley Mad So maybe Discover pulled EX? Smiley Very Happy

I'm also interested in finding out just what caused CreditKarma to bump up my score 19 points. I don't rely on that score at all, but obviously something happened to my report. (Did Discover already report?!?)

I type too much. I think I should just sleep on it.
Message 5 of 13
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! That's great!
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want TC-
Just call them - it is an easy verification process.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I would love to know, but I don't want to spend $50 to pull my reports again, and TC won't let me sign up because my report doesn't have enough information that I can verify. (Hogwash!) I do know Amex pulled EQ, my worst score. Smiley Mad So maybe Discover pulled EX? Smiley Very Happy

I'm also interested in finding out just what caused CreditKarma to bump up my score 19 points. I don't rely on that score at all, but obviously something happened to my report. (Did Discover already report?!?)

I type too much. I think I should just sleep on it.

Message 7 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 13
shawnette
Regular Contributor

I've been using www.Creditchecktotal.com and https://www.chaseidprotection.com/ for a few weeks.  They're both pretty good and the Chase one is only $11.99 per month.  Both pull all 3 reports and give 3 FAKOs.  Creditcheck allows multiple pulls daily, but it's $30/month.  I'm probably going to cancel after this month.   The Chase FAKOs are about 100 points lower than my FICOs, but they seem to go up and down pretty accurately, so for me it's been a good gauge for what my real scores look like.  (I just add 100 pts)

Congrats on the new card, too!!

Message Edited by shawnette on 05-10-2008 10:12 AM
Message 9 of 13
UpNComing
Established Contributor

shawnette wrote:
I've been using www.Creditchecktotal.com and https://www.chaseidprotection.com/ for a few weeks.  They're both pretty good and the Chase one is only $11.99 per month.  Both pull all 3 reports and give 3 FAKOs.  Creditcheck allows multiple pulls daily, but it's $30/month.  I'm probably going to cancel after this month.   The Chase FAKOs are about 100 points lower than my FICOs, but they seem to go up and down pretty accurately, so for me it's been a good gauge for what my real scores look like.  (I just add 100 pts)

Congrats on the new card, too!!

Message Edited by shawnette on 05-10-2008 10:12 AM

shawnette the Creditchecktotal.com looks a lot like Credit Keeper and Experians Credit Manager.  I wonder if its another Experian owned website.
CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.