Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drooling over BB Americas Credit Card

tag
cardme
Established Member

Drooling over BB Americas Credit Card

I’ve been a decently long time follower of this forum, but this is my first time posting.

I remember hearing awhile back about the BB Americas Platinum Plus card (https://www.bbamericas.com/en/personal/credit-cards/). My credit scores are all 790+ with a pretty good income. I’ve prided myself in now only owning 5 cards in total, all without annual fees nor foreign transaction fees. Two of those cards are my primary cards, 1 basically a gas card, and 2 where I mostly benefit in the form of travel credit.

One thing I am still lacking is Priority Pass access. I don’t want to have to pay an annual fee to get it (especially given I have enough in assets to get it free in nearly any other country besides the US, for some reason), but I also don’t live in Florida.

My question is this... has anybody done the full process of establishing a deposit account with BB Americas (since it looks like it is required to get their card) and gotten their Platinum Plus card? Furthermore, has anybody done this in more recent time (or even better all without taking residence in the state of Florida, without having to travel there tons)? Would love and appreciate any feedback anybody could provide.
21 REPLIES 21
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Drooling over BB Americas Credit Card

Welcome to posting Smiley Happy

Looks like the PP benefit is up to 4 times per year. How often are you travelling, to use lounge access?

Which cards do you already have?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 22
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Never heard of them and I'm a Miami native. Dont know how to respond. But I love the $20,000.00 secured plat plus card?!?! Wow! Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no knowledge of the card you’re talking about, but just FYI my Hilton Ascend gives me free PP membership and 10 passes per year - might be worth looking into if PP is one of your main goals.

EDIT: I saw you don’t want to pay an AF and that card carries one at $95.

@FireMedic1, holy he11, I just saw that too - never saw a $20k secured card before lol
Message 4 of 22
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I laughed out loud when I saw this thread.

This was a Flavor Of The Month target on this forum in September 2017 and if you search here you should find the master thread, there were at least a dozen of us who were successful applicants.  Not long after the FOTM event it was reported that the cards became georestricted. 

I don't know of anyone here that was successful in obtaining a Platinum Plus card, a few of us including myself were issued Platinum cards instead with a $10K SL (I think it was Good1 who reconned and got his limit bumped to $10K).  From memory most successful applicants were issued Platinum cards with a roughly $5K SL or their Classic card with an even lower SL.   The inference here is that the bar is set exceptionally high if one is to be issued their Platinum Plus card.

The application process was slow.  They are a relatively small bank and it showed.

The online interface is clunky, but it is functional.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 22
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

One correction small bank with presence in the US, very large bank in Brazil... Ya application process as i remember took 30+ days?

Message 6 of 22
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

One correction small bank with presence in the US, very large bank in Brazil... Ya application process as i remember took 30+ days?

Yes I remember it took some people over a month to get the card.  I think it took almost 2 weeks for me to get my verification call, I remember it was from a very pleasant young woman. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 7 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@coldfusion wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Yes I remember it took some people over a month to get the card.  I think it took almost 2 weeks for me to get my verification call, I remember it was from a very pleasant young woman. 

I went through the same process last year, mine took a little over 3 weeks for verification and eventually was approved for $18K.  The whole process took a month from start to finish IIRC. 

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like a great card if you’re very accident prone.

Message 9 of 22
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I went through the same process last year, mine took a little over 3 weeks for verification and eventually was approved for $18K.  The whole process took a month from start to finish IIRC. 

@FinStar  did you end up with the plus or platnium out of of being curious? Thanks

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.