coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Drooling over BB Americas Credit Card

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@FinStar wrote:
Hey @CreditCuriosity, I was approved for the Platinum Plus 😜

wow first dp i have seen of this, you gotta speak up my friend

Yes I think you're the first, if not only.  Mahraja also ended up with the Platinum as well if I remember right. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 13 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I recall applying for that specific product, but based on the previous DPs, it appears they considered certain [internal] criteria to determine whether one would qualify for one vs. the other.

When I spoke to the UW, which was the same individual conducting the verification process, we struck a good convo in Portuguese (dunno if that actually warmed up the waters or not 😁) I also mentioned that I would be in MIA within that period to open up an account, so between both of those two interactions is my assumption as for getting the 'nudge' for the Platinum Plus. But, that's just my theory.
Message 14 of 22
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have no knowledge of the card you’re talking about, but just FYI my Hilton Ascend gives me free PP membership and 10 passes per year - might be worth looking into if PP is one of your main goals.

EDIT: I saw you don’t want to pay an AF and that card carries one at $95.

@FireMedic1, holy he11, I just saw that too - never saw a $20k secured card before lol

LOL! Guess the weathly have to get a secured card when they hit rock bottom too! Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess so! But man, just imagine, with Disco often giving one’s CL a kick up the stairs at graduation from secured - wonder what kinda CL they’d give you upon graduation if you secured the card with 20 Gs...
Message 16 of 22
batsy71
Regular Contributor

@cardme Did you ever apply for this card? Given how unique it is, I am curious too, whether there is a backdoor entry to this card? Looks like being a bank client of this bank is very hard unless one isnt brazilian or brazilian origin or can visit the offices in FL.

The card is still available for those who can navigate the labyrinth

Message 17 of 22
cardme
Established Member

@batsy71 wrote:

@cardme Did you ever apply for this card? Given how unique it is, I am curious too, whether there is a backdoor entry to this card? Looks like being a bank client of this bank is very hard unless one isnt brazilian or brazilian origin or can visit the offices in FL.

I actually ended up skipping out on this one.  Although appealing, the fact that I'd have to keep some money in a deposit account (and possibly travel to FL to schmooze my way in...?) - I decided to go the other way.  Pathfinder also includes (pay-per-visit) PriorityPass now too Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 22
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@cardme wrote:

@batsy71 wrote:

I actually ended up skipping out on this one.  Although appealing, the fact that I'd have to keep some money in a deposit account (and possibly travel to FL to schmooze my way in...?) - I decided to go the other way.  Pathfinder also includes (pay-per-visit) PriorityPass now too Smiley Happy

Is Pathfinder taking apps once again?  I know they had stopped taking apps for several months.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 19 of 22
cardme
Established Member

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

@cardme wrote:

@batsy71 wrote:

Is Pathfinder taking apps once again?  I know they had stopped taking apps for several months.

Yeah, I believe they never reopened to new applications.  It is a great card otherwise though.  Covid-19 not only took a lot of travel away from us, it also changed some of the landscape of cards.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.