tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Dropped my new Ritz Card...

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Since I met the easy spending requirements on the Freedom in the first week lol, I need to find another card to start meeting the requirement for freebies.  What will it be and is it to soon 3 days shy of 30 days with chase to apply again... hmm

I met my Freedom spend in one swipe.

Marriott spend is $200 from being met now ($1,000 for 70K pts), Working on the wife's IHG next for $1,000/80K pts..

1k for 70k pts.. I could do that on my rent alone, lol...  Ugh you are a very very bad person Nixon! lol... Although as you stated the CSP is better, but 4k is 3 months ugh.

4K isn't that bad...I mean, Realistically if you couldn't afford it immediately (Spend and PIF at statement due), You could move that balance over to a 0% card that isn't issued by Chase.

3K was definitely better though!

I honestly spend about 1000-1500 on dining out per month so it wouldnt be hard to meet...  Just 4k is quite a bit of spend... But the CSP and both the Ritz do 2 points for 1 spent correct on restraunts... obviously the AF difference plays in..  So it would be 3k for ritz with AF or 4k for CSP with a lower AF.. Missing something?  I hate breaking down all this stuff... Some people love figuring out all this via spread sheets and formulas, but after programming at work all day, the last thing i want do do is more math!

Message 41 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Since I met the easy spending requirements on the Freedom in the first week lol, I need to find another card to start meeting the requirement for freebies.  What will it be and is it to soon 3 days shy of 30 days with chase to apply again... hmm

I met my Freedom spend in one swipe.

Marriott spend is $200 from being met now ($1,000 for 70K pts), Working on the wife's IHG next for $1,000/80K pts..

1k for 70k pts.. I could do that on my rent alone, lol...  Ugh you are a very very bad person Nixon! lol... Although as you stated the CSP is better, but 4k is 3 months ugh.

4K isn't that bad...I mean, Realistically if you couldn't afford it immediately (Spend and PIF at statement due), You could move that balance over to a 0% card that isn't issued by Chase.

3K was definitely better though!

I honestly spend about 1000-1500 on dining out per month so it wouldnt be hard to meet...  Just 4k is quite a bit of spend... But the CSP and both the Ritz do 2 points for 1 spent correct on restraunts... obviously the AF difference plays in..  So it would be 3k for ritz with AF or 4k for CSP with a lower AF.. Missing something?  I hate breaking down all this stuff... Some people love figuring out all this via spread sheets and formulas, but after programming at work all day, the last thing i want do do is more math!

It's all about what the bonus rewards are worth to you. Smiley Happy

Obviously, I value CSP higher than the Ritz if the bonuses are equal in value. If one were to tip the scales however, I'd be inclined to go with the big heavy.

Message 42 of 60
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

LOL...  anyways, will at least wait the extra 3-4 days to have a month with chase, not that really matters, but heard ppl getting fuss recently about not having a Chase card for a month at least recently.  Decisions.  Guess I will give my Barclay's some love to let them for know I haven't forgot about them in the mean time

Message 43 of 60
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

and it sounded like a frying pan hit the floor!!!!

Used this bad boy for the first time today at a chick fila. the lady said "holy crap ive never heald a card this heavy" and suddenly $395/yr is a lot more palatable Smiley Very Happy

You're going to eat it?

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 44 of 60
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@navajomyst2003 wrote:

Is it heavier than the Marriott Card?  I just got that one last week and love the feel of it.

It supposedly weighs the same as the Palladium (Heavier). I've handled a friend's Palladium card and it felt awesome.

Marriott and CSP are metal core cards, (IE: the inside is metal with some type of coating/covering around it) whereas the palladium and ritz card are entirely metal, hence the weight. 

Yep.

Speaking of the Marriott, Is it just me or does this card scratch a heck of a lot easier than the CSP? Mine looks like it's been thru a war zone. Smiley Sad

My CSP has no scratches yet, but I carefully watch people when they swipe them.

Message 45 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@navajomyst2003 wrote:

Is it heavier than the Marriott Card?  I just got that one last week and love the feel of it.

It supposedly weighs the same as the Palladium (Heavier). I've handled a friend's Palladium card and it felt awesome.

Marriott and CSP are metal core cards, (IE: the inside is metal with some type of coating/covering around it) whereas the palladium and ritz card are entirely metal, hence the weight. 

Yep.

Speaking of the Marriott, Is it just me or does this card scratch a heck of a lot easier than the CSP? Mine looks like it's been thru a war zone. Smiley Sad

My CSP has no scratches yet, but I carefully watch people when they swipe them.

Lucky you, hahah.

My CSP already has a nice swipe groove, my Marriott though is more scratched up than a vinyl used as a cat toy.

Message 46 of 60
One7
Valued Contributor

I agree my Marriott card is scratched up like crazy but my CSP still looks great. My Ritz card does have one ugly scratch on it though thats hard to look at...

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 47 of 60
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

and it sounded like a frying pan hit the floor!!!!

Used this bad boy for the first time today at a chick fila. the lady said "holy crap ive never heald a card this heavy" and suddenly $395/yr is a lot more palatable Smiley Very Happy

This is going to be one of my next cards to pair with my marriot, but i'm waiting for either one of the 140k offers, or one of the waived AF/70k offers. Smiley Tongue 

This is the offer i'm waiting for as well.

The 140K offer.. Anyone got? Smiley Very Happy

Me too !

Message 48 of 60
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@navajomyst2003 wrote:

Yep.

For me both cards look still pretty new as the hardly ever get swiped and many chip readers only take in the part with the chip 😊

Message 49 of 60
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I heard BA is AWFUL due to the surcharges!!!  My parents have like 400k BA whatever and plenty for first class travel to wherever they were trying to go last year, but the surcharges were cloes to the the ticket price I heard them mention!

Most Eropean carriers are a nightmare for taxes & fees 400$-600$ average on such fees on "free" tickets. My airfare part is hardly ever more than 200$ round trip and would you want to spend 60-80k miles for a 200$ value as the taxes and fees need to be paid - no thanks ..still have 300k miles & more for Star Alliance but never seats or only with extreme taxes.

Message 50 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.