Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duck, Beaver, BBVA, etc

tag
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

Duck, Beaver, BBVA, etc

Smiley LOLSmiley Very Happy the Blispay madness has made lots of people mention the Duck and Beaver cards. Some of us weren't here for that train and don't know the story behind these references and/or cards. Can someone tell the rest of us what that was about? I hope it's as entertaining as anticipated. 

****Edited and added BBVA, etc**** spillage please, we want to hear all the juicy deets! 

Thanks, 

Signed all the newbs Smiley Happy 

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Duck and Beaver

yeah, newb here. BBVA was mentioned too. i wonder what happened there as well. Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 31
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

A few years ago a credit union out of Oregon was giving HUGE limits to applicants who had good scores AND not so good scores.

Gravy train ensued. Apps went crazy.

Then the CU shut down most cards, citing crazy reasons like fraud management, etc.

They over extended themselves, got hit with a lot of apps, then took most back.

It was hella cray!

ETA: CU serviced OSU and UO and the cards had beavers and ducks on them (OSU Beavers, UO Ducks)

Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lhcole77 wrote:

A few years ago a credit union out of Oregon was giving HUGE limits to applicants who had good scores AND not so good scores.

Then the CU shut down most cards, citing crazy reasons like fraud management, etc.

It was hella cray!

ETA: CU serviced OSU and UO and the cards had beavers and ducks on them (OSU Beavers, UO Ducks)

And pretty much the same thing happened with BBVA.

Message 4 of 31
baller4life
Super Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

It was hella cray!

OCCU Duck, OSU Beaver

OCCU-duck-beaver-cards-2.jpg

Yep, there was an app frenzy just like this Blispay. Everywhere you looked Duck Duck Beaver Beaver. $10k, $20k limits being handed out like candy. Then all of a sudden everyone's cards stopped working. They lied and said there was a data breach. WRONG. They simply got in over their heads with all those crazy approvals. And closed the majority of all those cards they approved. It was absolutely horrible! 

Message 5 of 31
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

It was hella cray!

And pretty much the same thing happened with BBVA.

Can we get the juicy deets please lol. Thanks! 

TCL= $172,800
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 31
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

They don't know mfico'ers just sitting here refreshing and waiting for the next train?? LMAO
TCL= $172,800

Message 7 of 31
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

I didn't go for the Ducks or Beavers, but as far as BBVA I applied, was approved for a $20k SL and have had ZERO issues using this card, so I'm not sure the BBVA card should be tossed in with the critter cards. I know some people had issues with BBVA verifiying their ID, and I'm sure to those few it was a major PITA, but I don't think its on the same scale as having "most" issued cards approved and months later canceled due to the backer. 

Message 8 of 31
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

Do a search on the forums for the long thread documenting the chaos.  Someone posted it not too long ago, and it is a rather shocking read.  Definitely worth a lunch break to read! 

Message 9 of 31
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Duck, Beaver, BBVA, etc

BBVA NBA Amex was another "flavor of the month" and yes many had "unable to verify identity" issues. They were not able to open cards at all due to that issue. But those of us that were able to open cards are still up and running just fine. So you can't really put BBVA with the OCCU train wreck. People are still apping BBVA NBA to this day and getting approved. They just have a very strange application process and apparently have removed online apping capabilities. You now have to apply at a branch.
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.