Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duck Card Closed!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Duck Card Closed!

Says they are constantly monitoring risk and they decided after a recent review that the account "no longer fits within our risk parameters"

BS BS BS

oh well

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
RBFool
Contributor

Re: Duck Card Closed!

Maybe because they saw you had 95+ accounts? Smiley Very Happy

BK 7 Dismissed: 5/2014 AAoA: 6 years Credit Scores (07-02-2015): My Privacy Matters: TU: 633 EX:658 EQ: 651
How to add pics to Signature

Message 2 of 26
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Wow, 2 posters within a matter of minutes
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 3 of 26
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@RBFool wrote:

Maybe because they saw you had 95+ accounts? Smiley Very Happy

This is my partners card... he got it back during the Duck/Beaver rush and we made it through the first round of closures last year but looks like they are just closing all outside area now.

Message 4 of 26
Ron1
Super Contributor

Sorry to hear to your partner. They have been closing a couple of Duck cards and Beavers.  I just checked mine it's still working. I linked my card to iTunes to test the card. The charge came through.

Transactions.png

Ron.

Message 5 of 26
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

I think they are just finally cracking down on everyone. Figured it was only a matter of time since they went over their heads.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 6 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yup, there's another thread on this floating around. Thankfully, I closed mine a few days ago and just learned yesterday about folks getting notices and being closed altogether. Mine was still active and used it a few days back before I closed it.

Oh well, it seems it was a matter of time before they started doing this to right-size their portfolio. No loss on my end :-P
Message 7 of 26
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:
Yup, there's another thread on this floating around. Thankfully, I closed mine a few days ago and just learned yesterday about folks getting notices and being closed altogether. Mine was still active and used it a few days back before I closed it.

Oh well, it seems it was a matter of time before they started doing this to right-size their portfolio. No loss on my end :-P

Sure, you closed it Smiley Tongue

im still bitter about them closing mine last year, I think it was March 2014?  Same reason given (no longer fit their risk model).

Message 8 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Sure, you closed it Smiley Tongue

im still bitter about them closing mine last year, I think it was March 2014?  Same reason given (no longer fit their risk model).

Yup, I did.  I had contemplated on closing this one earlier this month since I just got approved for the Wells Fargo Visa Signature.  But Ron's is still working (no closure) and mine was ok with the last purchase and I PIF a few days ago.  Now, it would be funny if they send me a notice given the fact that I closed it before giving them the option Smiley Very Happy  It served its purpose, that's for sure.

I was absent from the forums for a while earlier last year so I didn't even know about the massacre and then I read that long thread about the closures.

Message 9 of 26
plastic_man
Regular Contributor

Maybe they're closing every one that are out of Oregon?

Ron, are you in Oregon?
MyFICO Scores : EQ = 791 , TU = 794, EX = 774 as of 06/16
Current CARDS : Boa working assets $33k| | QuickSilver $6650 | BillMeLater $5000 | FNBO AMEX $20K | ChoiceHotel BarclayCard $7500K |barclay ring card $15k| Macys AMEX $20k| AMEX Gold Premier | AMEX Blue Cash $13.2k | | Chase Marriott $20k | CSP $14,200| CAP1 Spark Miles $28k | AMEX Business Gold Premier| citi Hilton hhonors $12k| citi AAdvantage $10,500 | Chase Ink Plus $27k | BoA Alaska signature personal $17k | BoA Alaska business $27k | AMEX SPG $11,800 | JPM Ritz Carlton $29.9k
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.