Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ducks Unlimited Approval Odds?

tag
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Ducks Unlimited Approval Odds?

5% back on gas is fantastic, so I’m contemplating this one. But I may not be in the position for applying just yet. Advice/opinions greatly appreciated!

It may be worth noting that I’m in Colorado, and the FNBO website says no products available in my area....

Stats: scores in low 700s, income 30k, AAoA just over a year, oldest account 3 years, 5-8 inqs per bureau

Any experiences/anecdotes/suggestions are welcome! 

Thanks! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
12 REPLIES 12
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: Ducks Unlimited Approval Odds?

@pinkandgrey wrote:

5% back on gas is fantastic, so I’m contemplating this one. But I may not be in the position for applying just yet. Advice/opinions greatly appreciated!

It may be worth noting that I’m in Colorado, and the FNBO website says no products available in my area....

Stats: scores in low 700s, income 30k, AAoA just over a year, oldest account 3 years, 5-8 inqs per bureau

Any experiences/anecdotes/suggestions are welcome! 

Thanks! 

Like me, I'm in WA State, I would say your chances are zero. 

"FNBO website says no products available in my area"

Sorry. Sad sigh.gif

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many of those inquiries are within 12 months? Ducks can be new inquiries and accounts sensitive from what I've read here.
Message 3 of 13
KDKobes
Regular Contributor

I just went down this path with them, they’re very sensitive to INQ’s. I would say you have a 50/50 shot of approval. I was denied due to too many INQ’s from car shopping, but got approved via recon which costed me another HP.

EX: 694 (F8)(7inq) | TU: 691 (VS3)(5inq) | EQ: 699 (VS3)(5inq)
BK Ch 7 Discharged 2015 | x1 Paid collection | x1 30 day late on file
9% Utilization | AAoA: 2yrs | Updated: *UPDATING*
Message 4 of 13
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

"FNBO website says no products available in my area"

That applies to FNBO's own cards. Their co-branded cards like Ducks Unlimited are available nationwide.

I just got denied for the Ducks Unlimited card. My scores were similar to OP but my income is far higher. FNBO pulled Experian which was showing 5 inquiries in the past year. No letter yet but I'm betting that was the reason for the denial.

Message 5 of 13
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Yeah, my recent inqs are just that—recent LOL. It sounds like I should wait awhile then. Does anyone know where it says that the co-branded cards are available nationwide?

Message 6 of 13
SarahJo
Established Contributor

Co-branded cards are available nationally.  In my area I am not eligible for their personal bank products, but applied and was approved for the DU card.  This thread may be helpful for you: Ducks Unlimited DP's

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 7 of 13
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Ducks Unlimited Card Approval Stats

Hey everybody! I would love to hear your stats when you got approved for this great gas card! Thanks! 

I really want this card but am afraid that I’ll probably be denied due to inquiries (8, 5, and 6 on EX, EQ, and TU respectively) and the fact that my newest account was only 3 months ago. 

Message 8 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ducks Unlimited Card Approval Stats

You can also reference approval threads and the link which was already provided by a member from your other thread.

Bottom line, if you've had numerous accounts and inquiries over the past 6-12 months, then conventional wisdom is to let things breathe. Scores are not weighed as much with FNBO as inquiries, new accounts + other items will. An item to keep in mind, besides EX they tend to employ use of alternate reporting sources and reconsiderations are not as successful with them.

DPs can serve as a guide, but ultimately your overall profile is what will be evaluated.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ducks Unlimited Card Approval Stats

@pinkandgrey

I merged the other thread that you started on this same topic into this one. Please do not cross post in different forums or start multiple threads on basically the same subject. It is confusing to other members trying to assist you and is against forum rules. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.