Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ducks Unlimited no longer offering 5% back on gas

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ducks Unlimited Visa no longer 5% on Gas/Sporting Goods

Having dealt with this bank since 2012 they do nerf current cards and change existing rewards programs, whether or not this happens here remains to be seen. Oh well card chopped off my list 1.5% is yesterday.
Message 21 of 75
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Openwater wrote:

I think they will be losing customers from this point on, as that was the main reason many went for that card. I never had it, but it was good while it lasted. Thanks for the heads up!

They probably knew this. Maybe tired of people using their card only for the gas? This should teach people not to Quack out loudSmiley Wink

Message 22 of 75
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Taurus22 wrote:

Wow. Thanks for the info UncleB.  I haven't received any notification of any changes so I'm praying I'm grandfathered in. Barclay already killed my Uber card 6 months after I got it.....now this. Really don't want to have to app for another 5% gas card.

@Taurus22 

Where? Lol

Besides the rotating category cards.

Who else has a 5% gas card 

Glad I kept my Penfed 5% gas card.

They haven't offered the card to the public in at least two years.

Still giving a solid 5% on gas.

Sams MC?

Message 23 of 75
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Taurus22 wrote:

Wow. Thanks for the info UncleB.  I haven't received any notification of any changes so I'm praying I'm grandfathered in. Barclay already killed my Uber card 6 months after I got it.....now this. Really don't want to have to app for another 5% gas card.

@Taurus22 

Where? Lol

Sams MC?

Yes @AverageJoesCredit   5% at  Sam's Club.  But I don't go there; dh goes there so..........inconvenient but 5% nonetheless. Quackadoodledoo

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 24 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Openwater wrote:

I think they will be losing customers from this point on, as that was the main reason many went for that card. I never had it, but it was good while it lasted. Thanks for the heads up!

They probably knew this. Maybe tired of people using their card only for the gas? This should teach people not to Quack out loudSmiley Wink

Maybe. I've always held that they do, but do nothing about it until the sheet hits the fan with the economy or their profits. But who knows.

Message 25 of 75
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Doctor of Credit has reported that the Ducks Unlimited Visa card offered by FNBO is no longer offering 5% cash back for gas and sporting goods stores, just 1.5% off all purchases.

Sure enough, when you go to the landing page this is what you see:

DucksUnlimited.png

https://www.firstbankcard.com/ducksunlimited/landingpage/visaplat/ 

Hopefully this only impacts new applicants, and existing cardholders will be grandfathered in at the old earnings rate.

Well, there goes another card off my want list. Dang it. 🥺

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 26 of 75
kdm31091
Super Contributor

As lenders are cutting rates and reducing expenses in general, I think this is not the last time we will see things like this. Some of the more generous reward rates out there could possibly be nerfed.

Message 27 of 75
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Taurus22 wrote:

@Taurus22 

Where? Lol

USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex looks to be a new goal card for those able to quality for membership.  Unless it drops the 5% gas category.

Message 28 of 75
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

If it truely becomes a 1.5% card for ones that alredy have it or in future gets it redemption threshhold better not be 25$ or card is worthless other than bt offers...  Need more info still will make call shortly.

Message 29 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

As lenders are cutting rates and reducing expenses in general, I think this is not the last time we will see things like this. Some of the more generous reward rates out there could possibly be nerfed.

Fair point.

Thanks OP for the heads up.  

I have the NRA visa.  It's moving to Penfed, which I understand will be 4.25% cash back on gas.  For Q2, I'll use Discover with the 5% gas category (10% in year one).   BOA CR is another option.

US Bank Cash+ has a 5% sporting goods category.

Message 30 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.