Did you mean: 

Ducks Unlimited no longer offering 5% back on gas

tag
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: Ducks Unlimited no longer offering 5% back on gas

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

...  I got it for the gas 5%..other than that not using it for anything else.. It was 5% when I applied.

... a little sad they lost their well known "Main Thing" about this card and while fuel prices are dropping.  

Actually, under the circumstances it seems an odd time to nerf the 5% payout on gas.  Yes it's a high payout but on the other hand, people aren't driving nearly as much and when they're buying gas the prices are much lower. 

I saw the lower carbon dioxide levels on television from satellite photo comparions and it's dramatic.  Of course, it's not all from less driving.  It's also less from factories, airplanes, ships etc.  But I'm sure the lower auto transmissions are significant.

China in January 2020 and February 2020:

China_Carbon_Dioxide.2020.jpg

Europe in January 2020 and March 2020:

Europe_Carbon_Dioxide_Jan2020.jpgEurope_Carbon_Dioxide_Mar2020.jpg

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 41 of 75
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Ducks Unlimited Visa no longer 5% on Gas/Sporting Goods

@kdm31091 wrote:

As lenders are cutting rates and reducing expenses in general, I think this is not the last time we will see things like this. Some of the more generous reward rates out there could possibly be nerfed.

MyFico, err AJC math, one 1.5% card + one 1.5 % card  = 5% Smiley Wink

Message 42 of 75
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Taurus22 wrote:

Wow. Thanks for the info UncleB.  I haven't received any notification of any changes so I'm praying I'm grandfathered in. Barclay already killed my Uber card 6 months after I got it.....now this. Really don't want to have to app for another 5% gas card.

@Taurus22 

Where? Lol

Besides the rotating category cards.

Who else has a 5% gas card 

Glad I kept my Penfed 5% gas card.

They haven't offered the card to the public in at least two years.

Still giving a solid 5% on gas.

USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex looks to be a new goal card for those able to quality for membership.  Unless it drops the 5% gas category.

Lets all join/rejoin military so we can join USAASmiley Happy

Message 43 of 75
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Doctor of Credit has reported that the Ducks Unlimited Visa card offered by FNBO is no longer offering 5% cash back for gas and sporting goods stores, just 1.5% off all purchases.

Sure enough, when you go to the landing page this is what you see:

https://www.firstbankcard.com/ducksunlimited/landingpage/visaplat/ 

Hopefully this only impacts new applicants, and existing cardholders will be grandfathered in at the old earnings rate.

Thanks for posting @UncleB !

As Queen put into Lyrics "Another One Bites the Dust"

Nerf the card when gas is hitting an all time low.Smiley Tongue

Lol, right, gas is cray cray low near my house. Bohemian Rhapsody  😁

Message 44 of 75
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Ducks Unlimited no longer offering 5% back on gas

@Aim_High wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

...  I got it for the gas 5%..other than that not using it for anything else.. It was 5% when I applied.

... a little sad they lost their well known "Main Thing" about this card and while fuel prices are dropping.  

Actually, under the circumstances it seems an odd time to nerf the 5% payout on gas.  Yes it's a high payout but on the other hand, people aren't driving nearly as much and when they're buying gas the prices are much lower. 

I saw the lower carbon dioxide levels on television from satellite photo comparions and it's dramatic.  Of course, it's not all from less driving.  It's also less from factories, airplanes, ships etc.  But I'm sure the lower auto transmissions are significant.

China in January 2020 and February 2020:

China_Carbon_Dioxide.2020.jpg

Europe in January 2020 and March 2020:

Europe_Carbon_Dioxide_Jan2020.jpgEurope_Carbon_Dioxide_Mar2020.jpg

Lol, the 5 things we dont talk about here .....but dangSmiley Wink

Message 45 of 75
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1

Well, the rotating categories can almost cover it if you have a few of them....

Q 1: Chase Freedom, Nusenda

Q 2: Discover, Affinity

Q 3: Nusenda

Q 4: ?

Otherwise, there's:

Fort Knox FCU (Now known as Abound) 5%

Sam's Club 5%

Costco Anywhere is 4% (close enough i guess)

Credit One Platinum Premier 5%

USAA 5%

I know there's one or two more I'm forgetting.....but there's several options. Just hoping the grandfather rule applies....I really don't wanna have to burn another HP just for another gas card.

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 46 of 75
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Just called them rewards structure stays in place currently for existing card members at 5% gas/5% sporting goods just changing on new appliicants at this time Smiley Happy

He offered to change it to 1.5% and i was liike nope, please keep it the same...

Message 47 of 75
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Just called them rewards structure stays in place currently for existing card members at 5% gas/5% sporting goods just changing on new appliicants at this time Smiley Happy

Awesome !!!!!!!! 

happy 2.gif

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 48 of 75
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Taurus22 wrote:

@Gmood1

Otherwise, there's:

...Credit One Platinum Premier 5%

I wasn't even familiar with this one. Smiley Indifferent  Just checked it out.  Somewhat similar cashback program to AMEX BCP with $95 AF and 6% on groceries up to $6K cap that works out to actual 4.4% maximum cash back after the AF.  Credit One is 5% but only on first $5K spend and has $95 AF, so the real return is 3.1%.  (Spend more or less than $6K or $5K respectively and your rewards diminish, either due to the AF or the sharply decreased rewards over cap.)  Not bad, but not as much as it might appear on the surface, and there are flat 3% cashback cards for gasoline that aren't capped.  Others on the list above are better options as is the PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa.  (It pays 5 points per dollar which are worth less than 1ccp, so a little over 4% return I believe I've read ... maybe 4.25%?  But uncapped.)

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 49 of 75
SarahJo
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

He offered to change it to 1.5% and i was liike nope, please keep it the same...

It's a Festivus miracle! Thank you again! 🤗

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 50 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.