Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dumb Mistake Approved for Wrong Card How Soon Can I Apply for Another

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dumb Mistake Approved for Wrong Card How Soon Can I Apply for Another

Totally my own dumb mistake.  Even after comparing cards, I stupidly hit the apply button for a CapOne Savor when what I really wanted was another 0% card.

I need some car repairs (still cheaper than the car payment hamster wheel).

So I was approved for the savor for $5K, but the interest is terrible.  I’ll never use the thing.

How soon can I apply for a 0% card?  I was at 700 TU; 720 EQ.  

Thanks to all.

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dumb Mistake Approved for Wrong Card How Soon Can I Apply for Another

With Cap1 it's 1 card every 6 months.

Message 2 of 20
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Doesn’t Savor come with 13 months 0%? My Savor One did. If not try Synchrony Car Care
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn’t need to be CapOne.

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s what I thought when I applied!

Message 5 of 20
AnimatorProcrastinator
Regular Contributor

(This is just a thought since you already have the Savor) Why not get a balance transfer card, use the Savor to pay for the repair in order to get your SUB, then transfer the balance to the balance transfer card? This is assuming that the repair would only be a couple grand, because I don't know how high of an SL you would get with the new account.

Message 6 of 20
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

They’ll tell you the APR even if it has a 0% intro, call or use Chat to check if you got the 0% intro
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

They already sent an em showing 24.25% variable APR on purchases.  I don’t get it.

Message 8 of 20
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

It's a good card, sorry about the APR. Time to budget and not try to carry that much credit. 

Message 9 of 20
PutThatMoneyOnTheTable
Established Contributor

@AnimatorProcrastinator wrote:

(This is just a thought since you already have the Savor) Why not get a balance transfer card, use the Savor to pay for the repair in order to get your SUB, then transfer the balance to the balance transfer card? This is assuming that the repair would only be a couple grand, because I don't know how high of an SL you would get with the new account.

I'm probably high off my pain meds, but this sounds like a very good idea. "kill two birds with 1 stone" kinda thing.

OP, you can apply for any other banks 0% BT offer (as long as your credit report & score supports it) regardless of you just applying for the wrong capital 1 card.

But @AnimatorProcrastinator made  a good point, which will result in you not losing out on the SUB. Given that the car repair are not thousands of dollars.

Amex BCP $35k
Chase FU $19.6k
BOA Cash Rewards $36k
BJs Perks Plus M/C $22k
Cap1 QS $4,950 (AU)
Best Buy $4k
Wells Fargo Active Cash $11.3
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.