Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dumb Question Of The Day

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dumb Question Of The Day

@FireMedic1 wrote:

With Cap1's starter cards. They like heavy usage and PIF each month. You'll still get your credit steps increase. But in some cases it could lead to higher CLI's at the end of the program, or when you ask for a SP CLI 6 months after your completion of the credit steps. Dont worry about the percentage used. You can use it all to pay bills. Just PIF before each statement date. After 3 months if it's a Plat. You can upgrade to the QS for cash back. No QS1. Good Luck!

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade 

The link took me to the sign-in page, so I called the CS number, and my Plat has been upgraded to the QS, no annual fee...WINNING!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rebuild2019 wrote:
I have paid my CAP1 card before the statement cuts and they are still checking me off for the monthly steps. I have been using it a lot, but only for things I normally buy/purchase. Paying it off a couple of times a month.

+1

Message 12 of 15
LenaLuthor
Contributor

Awesome  thank you everyone ! Smiley Happy 

Message 13 of 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

With Cap1's starter cards. They like heavy usage and PIF each month. You'll still get your credit steps increase. But in some cases it could lead to higher CLI's at the end of the program, or when you ask for a SP CLI 6 months after your completion of the credit steps. Dont worry about the percentage used. You can use it all to pay bills. Just PIF before each statement date. After 3 months if it's a Plat. You can upgrade to the QS for cash back. No QS1. Good Luck!

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade 

The link took me to the sign-in page, so I called the CS number, and my Plat has been upgraded to the QS, no annual fee...WINNING!!!Smiley Very Happy

Yes its a sign in page to upgrade and you make a choice which card is able to get upgraded to after you login. Either way congrats!

Message 14 of 15
JamP
Valued Contributor

Just use it and pay/pay in full before the due date especially before the 5th month is up and your golden.

I believe they just don't want you to be delinquent or charge the full cl and don't pay any of it. 

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.