Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EASTERN PANHANDLE FCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EASTERN PANHANDLE FCU

Hello everyone

Very new to the boards but active myFICO.com subscriber. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this small credit union in Martinsburg, WV. Very competitive rates and credit card offerings that are fixed rates from 8.9% to 13.9% with scores down to 660. No annual fee, no balance transfer fee or cash advance fees. I know they pull TU and want 740 plus for lowest rate. Websites states 40% dti or less wanted. Unsure of which scoring model used and when I called they would not provide any info claiming they were unsure. Maybe they just don't release that info. Any experience or data? Thanks !

26 REPLIES 26
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: EASTERN PANHANDLE FCU

Hi @Anonymous 

I've done a lot of research on banks/CUs but never heard of this one. When I checked their site on my phone I couldn't even find their credit card offerings. I'm thinking they have a mobile version and desktop version. 

I don't see anything in the forums either about this CU. Was there something particular that drew you to them? Are you local for them or was it something you just stumbled across? I'm just curious 

Hopefully someone on here might have some notes to share..but this one looks very isolated 

Message 2 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sounds like a Florida CUSmiley Wink

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello and thanks for the response 

https://easternpanhandlefcu.com/

click loan rates then miscellaneous loans for rates on CC's.

I live locally and just recently joined. I would like to own a credit card that has a low rate as the few cards I have are nothing special except for the rewards I gain from using them.

Message 4 of 27
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Sounds like a Florida CUSmiley Wink

Being from FL and seeing eastern panhandle that was my first though too

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was not overly hopeful anyone would know of them unless you live in the panhandle in north eastern WV but there are so many folks on here that you never know

Message 6 of 27
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

About 99% of the CUs I've joined have all pulled EQ. However my most recent two (PCMCU out of WI and GreenState CU out of Iowa) both pulled TU8.

I've never had a CU pull TU but these are tiny spots, and sound similar to this one. My gut is leaning towards TU8. It's always good to have a low rate card hiding in the arsenal. I only have one (Navy platinum 5.9%), but its my "just in case" card

Message 7 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Op, if you are looking for low rewards  there are plenty of good CUs that you can join online and are not geo restricted.  No need to shackle ones needs locally if locally doesnt fulfill them. Heck , i get more for my profile from Banks/CUs in the US than where i live. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Overall you can see my scores are good. Have 4 credit cards with rates ranging from 15.25%-22.9%. I received the majority of this credit with scores just over 700 which is good but not great. In recent years my scores continue to improve as I move further away from divorce and financial crisis that hurt me in 2009-2012. It's taken years to get to where I am. I would like to think I am better equipped today than ten years ago in handling my finances.

Message 9 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

For sure your scores are great. If your income is good, combined  with your scores, many credit Unions will  offer great rates. I personally like Langley FCU. on an average profile, i still was able to get a sub 9% low rate apr. My Langley Loc even has a 7.24% apr. If you specific wants , @credit_is_crack  has great recommendations  as well as valuable thread on different lenders. If you arent looking for ten new cards thats fine but they are out there!. We are here to help if neededSmiley Happy

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.