Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDIT:Joined NFCU and Approved!!!!

tag
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

EDIT:Joined NFCU and Approved!!!!

So yea I read a thread about eligibilty requirements and found out that I was able to join through my mom who is eligible but not a member.  But I didn't know that it was an hp on membership (silly me).  I got all of my info to login to my accounts so I'm all set with that.  But then I was thinking, oh well, I've had to take an hp so I might as well app. Pulled the trigger but got the 3 to 5 day message.  I know this message can be good or bad.  But what do you think my odds are of approval and how much?

I've got a couple of dings though, like a bk from 2007 and 10 new TL's (see siggy) since Sept 1st.  Yea I know that's bad, but a few of them came from the shopping cart trick (wish I had never done that), and then of course the rest were apps spread across all 3 CRA's.

Baddies: Record of bk, and 3 to 4 accounts (depending on CRA) IIB that will fall off by May 2013 (7 years).  

Scores: EQ 702, TU 674, EX 713

AAOA: EQ 6.8, TU 6.5, EX 5.4

Utilization: 15%

Inquiries: EQ 4, TU 9, EX 5 (all inq since 6/1/2012)

Income: $88K

Anyone have any thoughts?  I just can't stand the anticipation Smiley Embarassed

EDIT: Approved for $2K....low limit but my foot is in the door and all I need is time and I'm sure this will increase significantly.  Smiley Very Happy

On to the garden.......

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Joined NFCU-App'd for CC-What are approval odds?

Your chance of approval is 100%

Fyi; all apps with nfcu result in a 3-5 day message because they manually review them.
There is a place to check your apprication status. That's where I would go look!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 16
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

I got an instant approval apping on the phone
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 3 of 16
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Your chance of approval is 100%

Fyi; all apps with nfcu result in a 3-5 day message because they manually review them.
There is a place to check your apprication status. That's where I would go look!

I sure hope so.  Did you see where I explained the part with 10 new TL's since Sept 1st?  I think that is what I'm most worried about.

And also, I don't get why they didn't ask me for my mom's ss# or any other identifying information to validate her status as part of the military.  The csr said that I didn't need it, but I just don't believe that can be true.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 4 of 16
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

my wife and I both just joined recently as well. We app'd for the cashRewards card the day we got our online access. I got the 3-5 day message and was approved for an $8k visa siggy the next day. My wife was instantly approved for a $10k visa siggy. Both of us have several new TL's this year as well. I expect you to have a new account added soon for your new card. FYI, remember that NFCU is pull happy. They pulled TU the day I joined, and then TU & EQ the next day for the card.

Good luck!

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 5 of 16
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

my wife and I both just joined recently as well. We app'd for the cashRewards card the day we got our online access. I got the 3-5 day message and was approved for an $8k visa siggy the next day. My wife was instantly approved for a $10k visa siggy. Both of us have several new TL's this year as well. I expect you to have a new account added soon for your new card. FYI, remember that NFCU is pull happy. They pulled TU the day I joined, and then TU & EQ the next day for the card.

Good luck!

Well that's just awesome the both of you got it and those are nice CL's.  I keep reading about how you can get CLI's so it seems like a great card that will grow with you so congratulations!

Yes they pulled TU for the membership and EQ for the credit app.  I thought that the membership was a sp so I was a little shocked and that's what made me app now instead of waiting like I had planned until July of next year.  I hope it works out for me great for me too!  It just sucks waiting over the weekend, even though I have read that people have been contacted over the weekend from them.  We shall see and I will post back when I get the news...nails bitting Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 16
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

Good luck!

Well that's just awesome the both of you got it and those are nice CL's.  I keep reading about how you can get CLI's so it seems like a great card that will grow with you so congratulations!

Yes they pulled TU for the membership and EQ for the credit app.  I thought that the membership was a sp so I was a little shocked and that's what made me app now instead of waiting like I had planned until July of next year.  I hope it works out for me great for me too!  It just sucks waiting over the weekend, even though I have read that people have been contacted over the weekend from them.  We shall see and I will post back when I get the news...nails bitting Smiley Frustrated

What I did b/c I'm so impatient was just logged in the next morning and i seen the visa siggy account added to my list of accounts, and that was before any other notification. So i would just check it tomorrow morning and see or just log in and check the status of the app itself. You can always call them 24/7 even through the holidays.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 7 of 16
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:
What I did b/c I'm so impatient was just logged in the next morning and i seen the visa siggy account added to my list of accounts, and that was before any other notification. So i would just check it tomorrow morning and see or just log in and check the status of the app itself. You can always call them 24/7 even through the holidays.

The loan department is available 24/7?  That's good to know.  But yea, I will login and check tomorrow morning and see if anything good pops up!  I couldn't help but login in a few minutes....you know....just in case (wink, wink).

Message 8 of 16
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

The loan department is available 24/7?  That's good to know.  But yea, I will login and check tomorrow morning and see if anything good pops up!  I couldn't help but login in a few minutes....you know....just in case (wink, wink).

yeah, i was assured when i joined by the new accounts lady going over everything. she mentioned that they was someone there to answer and help us out 24/7 365 even through the holidays.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 9 of 16
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Called this morning and approved for $2K....boy is that low but its a start!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.