cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDIT:Joined NFCU and Approved!!!!

tag
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Joined NFCU-App'd for CC-What are approval odds?

Congrats! I am sure your card will grow quickly! 

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 11 of 16
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

Called this morning and approved for $2K....boy is that low but its a start!

Congratulations!! Now that you are in with a good starting limit you will see that limit grow very fast.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 12 of 16
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@MountainHiker wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

Called this morning and approved for $2K....boy is that low but its a start!

Congratulations!! Now that you are in with a good starting limit you will see that limit grow very fast.

Aww thanks MountainHiker!!  And what are you waiting on to join?  Get in there!!

Honestly I can't believe that I was eligible all of this time....talk about stupid.  If only I had known this when I was discharged I would have hit them up first, and then DCU and forgot about all of those little store cards....except Macy's LOL!!!  Ahhh but we live and learn so all I can do is move on.

BTW, hp on TU for membership and hp on EQ for credit.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 13 of 16
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

You are doing very well building your credit and you should be proud of your self. The plan is to join NFCU after my sister gets in near the 1st of january. I'm about to relocate from HOT central florida to the scenic state of North Carolina. Should go after membership in a few weeks once I get to NC. Looking forward to living in the mountains.

Goal 750 Across

Message 14 of 16
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@MountainHiker wrote:

You are doing very well building your credit and you should be proud of your self. The plan is to join NFCU after my sister gets in near the 1st of january. I'm about to relocate from HOT central florida to the scenic state of North Carolina. Should go after membership in a few weeks once I get to NC. Looking forward to living in the mountains.

FYI, part of the membership requirements does NOT require the relative to be a member.  My parents are not members but their status makes me eligible so I didn't need for either of them to have an open account first.  However, in case they require it, you will need thier ss# and I think they said dd-214 (whatever that is).  So just wanted to let you know.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 15 of 16
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

@MountainHiker wrote:

FYI, part of the membership requirements does NOT require the relative to be a member.  My parents are not members but their status makes me eligible so I didn't need for either of them to have an open account first.  However, in case they require it, you will need thier ss# and I think they said dd-214 (whatever that is).  So just wanted to let you know.

Thanks Rhaeny for that info.

My brother inlaw who was in the Navy and is the NFCU member shares a residence at the same place I live. Based on NFCU memership rules he actually could get me in directly without my sister joining. But the move is going to happen by the end of this month and so I thought waiting till I move to NC should be soon enough.Really looking forward to banking with them. Plan to switch most of my savings and checking activity to them.Their CD rates among the highest in the nation.

Goal 750 Across

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.