Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPIC Credit Card List

tag
dytch2220
Regular Contributor

Re: EPIC Credit Card List

Yep, I checked it out.  The problem is that I have derogs with both Orchard (HSBC) and First Premier which comprises nearly all of the bad risk credit offers.  I'm going to have to pay them off before I can apply for an unsecured card.  That's coming in the next few months.  I like having secured better for the moment anyway.  Orchard and First Premier helped me last time but they sure cost a lot.  I'm going to get 3 total secured cards and start stacking up the CLs...

Installment Accounts

Revolving Accounts
Message 11 of 34
Datx
Valued Contributor

It may be best to look into joining a local CU. I have read some good stories on this forum where other members have joined their local CU and helped them rebuild credit. When I started to look into local CUs in my area, I found one that offered a secured card with no fees at all. Unfortunately the local CU I joined couldnt help me much, but NFCU is now my best friend.

Message 12 of 34
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@dytch2220 wrote:

Yep, I checked it out.  The problem is that I have derogs with both Orchard (HSBC) and First Premier which comprises nearly all of the bad risk credit offers.  I'm going to have to pay them off before I can apply for an unsecured card.  That's coming in the next few months.  I like having secured better for the moment anyway.  Orchard and First Premier helped me last time but they sure cost a lot.  I'm going to get 3 total secured cards and start stacking up the CLs...

keep in mind HSBC and First Premier, once they have written it off the books, they will issue again

Message 13 of 34
dytch2220
Regular Contributor

Do you think First Premier would restart/backdate my old account if paid?

Installment Accounts

Revolving Accounts
Message 14 of 34
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I think First Premier sees so many accounts charged off, once they say good bye and send it to collections, it's done with them... they will give you new card but backdating really is only an amex thing that I know of

Message 15 of 34
dytch2220
Regular Contributor

It doesn't seem like they've sent it to collections.  Says: "Charged off as bad debt.  Profit and loss write-off".  There is no other entry for this on any of my credit reports.  I was planning a PFD.  $434.00 balance.

Installment Accounts

Revolving Accounts
Message 16 of 34
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would not even bother with first premier again.... but find the pre-approve link for best buy mastercard and see if they offer you something. I got a Sears MC issued by HSBC and Best Buy Master Card after burning HSBC 3 times in the past!

Message 17 of 34
dytch2220
Regular Contributor

Did you still owe HSBC when you applied?

Installment Accounts

Revolving Accounts
Message 18 of 34
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@dytch2220 wrote:

Did you still owe HSBC when you applied?

it had been charged off and HSBC was no longer trying to collect on it.

but it only seems to work on the Sears card and the Best Buy MC.

I have applied at householdbank.com and was denied after being pre-approved.

I was also denied at Neiman Marcus because of past account even though it was closed with $0 balance in my bk

Message 19 of 34
dytch2220
Regular Contributor

How long ago did you start with that 543?

What was your FICO when you applied for the Best Buy card?

Installment Accounts

Revolving Accounts
Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.