cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX report is cleaned up now..what to apply, PSECU?

tag
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

EX report is cleaned up now..what to apply, PSECU?

An old collection finally expired from EX, so that report is pretty clean. I want to apply to PSECU for the combo. Is it going to be two EX hards regardless? Or should I go ahead and get the membership out of the way first.

NFCU surprised me with a statement close 3 weeks after opening my card, so I had a high balance report. I'm waiting to apply for the combo until after 5/9 when that balance is updated, taking my util back from 19% to 7%. 

------------------------------------------------

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex Biz Plat/BBC/BCP/Schwab/Plat/Gold, NFCU Flagship/Plat, Spark Biz, PenFed, CSR, and more
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EX report is cleaned up now..what to apply, PSECU?

Yes its going to be two hards and you cant apply until your a member. I don't think its worth it

Message 2 of 7
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

The visa reports twice, so it sounds like a nice thing. plus ex fico is a bonus. 

How would you spend two EX INQs? I have two that are within 1 year old. 3 more almost two years old from when I applied for a merchant account.

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex Biz Plat/BBC/BCP/Schwab/Plat/Gold, NFCU Flagship/Plat, Spark Biz, PenFed, CSR, and more
Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Can we turn this question around for a moment?

What areas are not addressed by your current CC's? Do you need a higher total CL (and if so, why), or can you use rewards in a specific area, or are you thinking of a BT, or maybe a big initial purchase, that you'd like to finance at 0%?

In other words, getting credit for the sake of getting credit doesn't make a lot of sense to me. But if you can finagle a deal that will benefit your personal finances, then go for it, always being aware that there will be an impact, possibly negative, on your credit profile by getting new credit.

Also, if the Visa does report as two lines, that means that you'll have double the impact lowering your AAoA and so forth. Just a thought.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
vish1
Valued Contributor

@700orbust wrote:

An old collection finally expired from EX, so that report is pretty clean. I want to apply to PSECU for the combo. Is it going to be two EX hards regardless? Or should I go ahead and get the membership out of the way first.

NFCU surprised me with a statement close 3 weeks after opening my card, so I had a high balance report. I'm waiting to apply for the combo until after 5/9 when that balance is updated, taking my util back from 19% to 7%. 

Unless you need a High CL for any reason and can not get a good CL from anyone else, I don't find PSECU card to be any good. Why would you want a NO reward card if you can get a reward card with good CL from someone better and more prime?

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 5 of 7
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

I'm looking for larger credit lines, and yes a 0% would be nice cause I want to purchase some kitchen appliances with it. So 10K is the goal.

My EX is the report with no collection. TU expires in June, and EQ hopefully in July.

So I have the best opportunity with an EX pull. Bring added to an Amex personal and business cards this week, so Amex is in my future.

My best cards are WF 6500@ 10.99 fixed and NFCU 5000@12.99v.

What's in my wallet?

Message 6 of 7
vish1
Valued Contributor

PSECU is 9.9% on new purchases nothing great

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.