Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earliest CapOne CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Earliest CapOne CLI?

I opened a Quicksilver One card on Apr 16th with a crappy $300 limit. It has a $49 annual fee and 1.5% cashback. That meand if I max the card out and pay in full each month I will earn enough rewards to break even with the annual fee. Pathetic!

Anyway, what is the earliest you can CLI with CapOne? 2mo? 3mo? I have been spending $900 a month on the card (yes 3x the limit) and paying it off in full 3x a month. Thanks
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Earliest CapOne CLI?

3 months is the earliest, and they'll probably offer $100. 

Message 2 of 15
dparhanr
Established Member

I know it sucks, but with scores in the LOW 600s my QS1 hit 2,500 around the one year mark and my Platinum $2,200.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really? I was told for my Platinum that there was an auto-CLI after the 5-6th statement cuts, and I thought there was an unofficial 6 month period with CapOne. Or is that just for Platinum and QS is more flexible? Makes me tempted to hit the luv button even though I’m only in my fourth month with it...
Message 4 of 15
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Really? I was told for my Platinum that there was an auto-CLI after the 5-6th statement cuts, and I thought there was an unofficial 6 month period with CapOne. Or is that just for Platinum and QS is more flexible? Makes me tempted to hit the luv button even though I’m only in my fourth month with it...

You are in the "credit steps" program then, then won't give you an increase until your 5-6 statement cuts, it will probably be 200.00.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok that makes sense, thank you.
Message 6 of 15
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Credit steps program is 5 on time payment after 5 statement cuts. You'll get your increase on the 6th statement cut. Your increase will depend on spend and size of your payments. You can get a CLI prior to the steps increase, but it'll probably be for $100. You should take it because normally, you have to wait 6 months between CLIs. This is the only time you can get 2 in a 6 month period.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there! I have a QS1 too. I got the card mid dec. 2017. $300. SL... I was in the credit steps too. After reading some of these forums, in April i hit the luv button and got the $100 increase. I also ran the card through its limit 3x a month and kept it paid in full too. After my credit steps were up, they only increased me to $750. I was sort of bummed on the small increase. Im thinking on product changing it now.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

So here's what happened to my Dad's Quicksilver1. (I'm a AU on) And he has the same spending habit as you mentioned.

It went from 300 to 400 in 3 months. Then he increased again to 750 in another three months and he wasn't in the steps program. 

Hope that helps?

Message 9 of 15
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So here's what happened to my Dad's Quicksilver1. (I'm a AU on) And he has the same spending habit as you mentioned.

It went from 300 to 400 in 3 months. Then he increased again to 750 in another three months and he wasn't in the steps program. 

Hope that helps?

YMMV with what you get.  I was in credit steps and ran about 3x the CL through it every month and I went from $300 CL to $3300.   Everyone's profile is different and just because one thing happened to several people that dosen't mean the same thing will happen to you. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.