Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earliest CapOne CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Earliest CapOne CLI?

OP here - thanks all but I am not in the credit steps program. It aounds like 90 days is the earliest? Is that 90 days from acct opening or 90 days from first statement?
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Savor with a $10k SL. First statement just cut a few days ago. I hit the love button for giggles and it came up with an under review message so in a few days I'll know if the $20k request came through at all. I went on vacation with this savor card so first statement had a $4500 balance. UTI is at 26% overall. I should be under 10% by the end of the year but have a lot on 0% right now.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started off with $300 Jan18.  Got $100 through the CLI button and just got another $100 through the credit program. Was hoping for better but I barely used the card.   

Message 13 of 15
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Use the card as much as possible. 

Pay off it weekly.

As soon as you are 50 points better in Ficos, apply for a new card with preapproval.

You will get a much higher limit and probably better APR.

Read about buckets and glass ceilings with Cap One starter cards.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who really knows what's going on with Cap1. My oldest card (by far) started as a $300 plat with no steps at the time. Maybe once every two years would get $50 or $100 on a cli. Took several years to get it to $1350. Got the 'Preferred Plat' 6 months ago for $1k with steps. Got $100 at 3 months and email yesterday another 1k increase is coming in the next few days. The kicker though, apparently the 'Preferred' unbucketed my other card. Hit the luv button and got 3k.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.