Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earliest time to apply for BOA CLI

tag
Bsong
Regular Contributor

Earliest time to apply for BOA CLI

Hi guys,

I tried finding an answer to this question but was unsuccessful. I have two credit cards from boa. 1 platinum plus that I got In April 2013 with a 1k cl and called the back door the day I got it, asked for $5k and was granted. The following month (May 2013) I decided to go for their 123 card and was also approved but with a cl of $1k. That one I also tried to ask for 5k but was denied.

I read that they are as generous as Amex when it comes to cli's but wasn't sure how they would feel about me requesting for a cli on a card that I just got in May. Plus I never used the card because the cl was so low and didn't see any reason for using it unless I wanted to DROP my score for high utilization.

As always, thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

Re: Earliest time to apply for BOA CLI

You can certainly try now over the phone and talk to them. It will more than likely cost you a hard pull, but it could be worth it. I've heard with bofa that 6 months is an acceptable time frame for CLI. You biggest challenge is that you haven't used the card yet.

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Generally speaking, lenders like to see usage on their cc's. I doubt that you are at their internal limit with $6k but I suspect the fact they just gave you a CLI may be an issue. Send a secure message and see if they are willing to reconsider your request. Since the cc is new, you might have to wait a few months.
Message 3 of 5
Bsong
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys for your responses... Would anyone else have any input?

I was considering doing it today vs. applying for another card. I just really want to land another card that gives me at least $5k in limits. 

Message 4 of 5
toppers555
Established Contributor

I would wait at least 6 months.  The shortest amount of time I have waited and gotten apporved for a cli with bofa is 3 months. Also uou need to use the card with no activity, If it not an auto apporved increade and goes to credit Analyst the will see this and may decline you.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.