Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Citi Secured Card Graduation!!!!!

tag
jazzyvar84
Regular Contributor

Early Citi Secured Card Graduation!!!!!

I obtained the Citi Secured card in March of 2019. I have been calling in monthly since (after 8 months) to see if I would qualify for early graduation. I was told no by several representatives. Yesterday, while checking the mail, I had a notice from Citi and I never recieve anything from them in the mail because I always go paperless. I thought this could be an early graduation, but it has been my experience life to never allow yourself to get too happy too soon.  Low and behold, it was the early graduation notice, and I am only in the eleventh month. The letter said that my official change will take place in March, but I am still elated that I graduated before 18 months. My question is, can I product change to the Double Cash, which is what I really wanted, and does anyone know what my credit limit will be? I opened the account with $500.

25 REPLIES 25
PicoFico
Frequent Contributor

Re: Early Citi Secured Card Graduation!!!!!

Congratulations on your graduation and an early one at that!!

Rebuild start: 5/15/19

Financial Institutions:
Wells Fargo | NFCU | Penfed
Products:
Discover It CB $2.1k | WF Propel $22.5k | PenFed PCR $20k | NFCU Platinum $10k | NFCU More Rewards $25k | NFCU Flagship $30k | NFCU CLOC $500 | NFCU SSL 60mo | NFCU Auto loan

Message 2 of 26
jazzyvar84
Regular Contributor

THANK YOU!!! Do you know what my new credit line will be? 

Message 3 of 26
PicoFico
Frequent Contributor

@jazzyvar84 wrote:

I don't, sorry. Maybe someone more familiar with Citi will chime in soon... And the reality is March isn't far away so I suspect your app will reflect it soon.

It's like waiting for Christmas morning right? Smiley Very Happy

Rebuild start: 5/15/19

Financial Institutions:
Wells Fargo | NFCU | Penfed
Products:
Discover It CB $2.1k | WF Propel $22.5k | PenFed PCR $20k | NFCU Platinum $10k | NFCU More Rewards $25k | NFCU Flagship $30k | NFCU CLOC $500 | NFCU SSL 60mo | NFCU Auto loan

Message 4 of 26
newfossil
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!!!

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 5 of 26
jazzyvar84
Regular Contributor

Yes! Lol

Message 6 of 26
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

Woot woot!

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 7 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on early gradSmiley Happy. Thats persistenceSmiley Happy. Im not sure if Citi gives cli upon graduation or not but hopefully they doSmiley Happy

Message 8 of 26
jazzyvar84
Regular Contributor

I have been working diligently. I went from a credit score in the 300's to all of them being over 740. Only thing I'm concerned about now is all of these random collections threats that have been popping up lately. 

Message 9 of 26
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@PicoFico wrote:

@jazzyvar84 wrote:

I don't, sorry. Maybe someone more familiar with Citi will chime in soon... And the reality is March isn't far away so I suspect your app will reflect it soon.

It's like waiting for Christmas morning right? Smiley Very Happy

Congrats !! Usually it will remain the same Credit Limit unless you ask for a CLI. If you do ask it could be a soft pull too. At least that is what happened with me, they gave me a CLI from 500 to 1500 and i asked more, which is when they did a hard pull to approve me for 5k. Good luck

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.