Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn 3% on everything using one card -Dead !-

tag
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Earn 3% on everything using one card

@Anonymouswrote:

Please correct me if i'm wrong but you must have the Paypal business debit card for this to work.   It does not provide the extra 1% back on paypal personal debit cards.  Correct?

Does the personal debit card say anything about 1% cashback? My biz debit clearly says that in my PayPal Summary. If not you should be able to change to a business debit card. I've had my PayPal account since 2005, has always been personal, I never requested a debit card but it was the business debit card they automatically sent me.

Message 41 of 409
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can convert your Chrome card to an It card and cash in on 5% rotating categories. That's what I did with my secured card.

Message 42 of 409
Anonymous
Not applicable

They PayPal business debit card explicitly has a section about the 1% cb in the extended terms. The personal one has no such section. I gather it's only for the business card. That said, you can't have both on the same account. I mistakenly ordered the standard one but as soon as it got here cancelled it and ordered the business one (I was "pre-approved" - I suspect since you used to be able to get them with the PayPal premier or business account and the premier has since been merged with the standard personal account, that you can just have whatever account and get the business version now. At least that's how it played out for me!)
Message 43 of 409
Namaste7
Established Contributor

I was able to request a business debit card on a personal PP account that is associated with the 2% PPCBMC (thanks for the tip f4phantom2400). Let’s just close this thread so we can all enjoy these benefits in peace 😂
~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 44 of 409
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

I went ahead and updated the topic

Message 45 of 409
Anonymous
Not applicable

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-backup-payment-methods--are-available-with-my-paypal...

Since this specifically lists the PayPal Extras MasterCard but not the Cashback MasterCard, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a loophole and they put the kibosh on it at some point.
Message 46 of 409
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

They didn't list debit cards as a backup method which works or used the wording "Only acceptable", not to mention that this business debit card is old and probably the same applies for that help article where the cashback card just came out last year .. what's your point ??

Message 47 of 409
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@patoot10wrote:

They didn't list debit cards as a backup method which works or used the wording "Only acceptable", not to mention that this business debit card is old and probably the same applies for that help article where the cashback card just came out last year .. what's your point ??

Either you're mistaken or my account is different; I can only use a bank account or PayPal credit product (which I don't have) as a backup funding source for my Paypal Business debit card.  Using a debit card is not an option; I verified just a few moments ago that this hasn't changed for me.

I have multiple bank accounts, debit cards, and credit cards from every network linked to PayPal and my bank accounts are the only accounts I'm permitted to choose from.

Message 48 of 409
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleBwrote:

@patoot10wrote:

Either you're mistaken or my account is different; I can only use a bank account or PayPal credit product (which I don't have) as a backup funding source for my Paypal Business debit card.  Using a debit card is not an option; I verified just a few moments ago that this hasn't changed for me.

I have multiple bank accounts, debit cards, and credit cards from every network linked to PayPal and my bank accounts are the only accounts I'm permitted to choose from.

Same for me and it doesn’t give me the option of using my Comenity PPC as a backup either, only bank accounts.

Message 49 of 409
Anonymous
Not applicable

My point is that this is cool but I'm dubious as to whether the longevity of this setup is as solid as your assurance suggests. Why do you think they mention tying a CC to it as a *backup* funding source? Why do you think they primarily advertise using the debit card to access funds in your PayPal account? Why do you think it's necessary to keep $0 balance in your PayPal account for this to work? If they benefitted so much from both transactions, why don't they advertise this as a means for 3% cash back on everything? Answer to all of these: because it's a loophole. Sure the FAQ may be outdated, and that may suggest that this loophole will go unnoticed altogether - they may not pay enough attention to notice. But if everyone just went out and set this up, I suspect they'd close this loophole.

My question for you: Why do you get defensive when people pose questions or potential caveats about method? Are you not aware that financial institutions are notorious for putting a good thing down?
People are obviously interested.
Message 50 of 409
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.