Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn Amex Membership Rewards through Ebates partnership

tag
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Earn Amex Membership Rewards through Ebates partnership

This just turned Ebates from an okay program into a great program!

1:1 transfer Ratio

plus 1500 MR for new members with $25 spend

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ebates-partners-with-american-express-to-allow-converting-ebates-cash...

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Earn Amex Membership Rewards through Ebates partnership

It is really funny, when I read this on DOC earlier today I was reading it backwards.  Now that I understand this is awesome.  I have only used AA as my shopping portal but now this will get all the use!

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It is really funny, when I read this on DOC earlier today I was reading it backwards.  Now that I understand this is awesome.  I have only used AA as my shopping portal but now this will get all the use!

I used to do this as well. But now that I know this I will take advantage of this. You could get the CITI American Airlines card, and technically use the card, and get AMEX Points, and airline miles. 

Message 3 of 22
digitek
Established Contributor

There is an Ebates FireFox addon that lets you know if the site you are on is eligible for any kind of cashback through them.  It is really simple to use.

I'm not in the MR program but this sounds like a win.

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually just got an email that mentioned this from AMEX.

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

never used ebates before. having just checked their stores, I did notice a few grocery stores. now i am curious, does this mean i can order groceries and pay with my amex gold and net 5MR/dollar?

Message 6 of 22
redpat
Senior Contributor

Hello Ebates and Hello to Amex’s new shopping portal......Stack um and rack um w/offers.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 7 of 22
redpat
Senior Contributor

Just signed up for 1,500 MR points.  Made a Macy’s purchase for 6x.

Finished order for 89.98 so 90 + 540 point + 1,500 for an easy 2,130points.

BTW, this kills Delta’s shopping portal.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 8 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I wonder when/if they'll open up this option to existing members...

Also, it looks like it might create some creative opportunities for the Ebates Visa card as well:  https://www.doctorofcredit.com/the-ebates-credit-card-just-got-a-lot-more-valuable-earn-3x-membershi...

Message 9 of 22
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I just got the email today. 

I followed the link to sign up for Ebates, put in my email then it took me to page to log in to my AMEX from there I put in my user ID and amex password, stated there was a problem. So I can't seem to get it to work grrrr

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.