Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn Amex Membership Rewards through Ebates partnership

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Earn Amex Membership Rewards through Ebates partnership

Wonder when the Rakuten name change will take over? You’d think they’d do this promo after the name change.
Message 11 of 22
redpat
Senior Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I wonder when/if they'll open up this option to existing members...

Also, it looks like it might create some creative opportunities for the Ebates Visa card as well:  https://www.doctorofcredit.com/the-ebates-credit-card-just-got-a-lot-more-valuable-earn-3x-membershi...

Perhaps, but I’ll give Amex the swipes for this opportunity to earn more MR points.  IDK, it’s a loyalty / give the business to someone who deserves it for me.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 12 of 22
Namaste7
Established Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

I just got the email today. 

I followed the link to sign up for Ebates, put in my email then it took me to page to log in to my AMEX from there I put in my user ID and amex password, stated there was a problem. So I can't seem to get it to work grrrr

I had the same issue on my Mac on FireFox and Safari (even using private / incognito mode). I was able to register on my iPad without an issue. I have not made a purchase but I’ll report back my experiences soon. 

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 13 of 22
redpat
Senior Contributor

Plat cardholders, Saks is 10x on ebates if you didn't use your $50 credit yet.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 14 of 22
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@redpat wrote:

Exactly what I was about to suggest!

Got some socks. My 4x $50 Delta credits from ecerts posted, too.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 15 of 22
redpat
Senior Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Also, it looks like it might create some creative opportunities for the Ebates Visa card as well:  https://www.doctorofcredit.com/the-ebates-credit-card-just-got-a-lot-more-valuable-earn-3x-membershi...

Ebates card is DOA.  Amex T&C states “An eligible Amex card must be used at checkout to qualify” which makes sense.

Message 16 of 22
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Namaste7 wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

I just got the email today. 

I followed the link to sign up for Ebates, put in my email then it took me to page to log in to my AMEX from there I put in my user ID and amex password, stated there was a problem. So I can't seem to get it to work grrrr

I had the same issue on my Mac on FireFox and Safari (even using private / incognito mode). I was able to register on my iPad without an issue. I have not made a purchase but I’ll report back my experiences soon. 

I finally went into icognito mode on ym desktop at work,  and it worked LOL.

ThanksSmiley Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 17 of 22
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Exactly what I was about to suggest!

Got some socks. My 4x $50 Delta credits from ecerts posted, too.

And Saks participates in ShopRunner (free with Amex or I think WMC/WEMC). FedEx picked up my socks a few hours ago.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 18 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@redpat wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Ebates card is DOA.  Amex T&C states “An eligible Amex card must be used at checkout to qualify” which makes sense.

Then the question is if one has an MR earning Ebates account and acquires an Ebates Visa card (which is linked), does it earn cash rewards?

From the main DoC article:

• Some have noted the language in the terms: “Card Members must use an Eligible Card Account at checkout to earn Membership Rewards points in their Ebates account” which sounds like you need to pay with an Amex card. However, users report receiving points regardless of which payment method was used. Most likely, the idea being conveyed there is that you need to have a Membership Rewards eligible card account in order to be able to link with your Ebates account. Just poor wording.

The DoC link to the second article (about the Ebates Visa) has some speculation, but we won't know for sure until someone gets both and is able to try it out, unless someone with an MR earning Ebates account is ineligible for the Ebates Visa which could be possible (again, just speculation).

Message 19 of 22
redpat
Senior Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Then the question is if one has an MR earning Ebates account and acquires an Ebates Visa card (which is linked), does it earn cash rewards?

From the main DoC article:

• Some have noted the language in the terms: “Card Members must use an Eligible Card Account at checkout to earn Membership Rewards points in their Ebates account” which sounds like you need to pay with an Amex card. However, users report receiving points regardless of which payment method was used. Most likely, the idea being conveyed there is that you need to have a Membership Rewards eligible card account in order to be able to link with your Ebates account. Just poor wording.

The DoC link to the second article (about the Ebates Visa) has some speculation, but we won't know for sure until someone gets both and is able to try it out, unless someone with an MR earning Ebates account is ineligible for the Ebates Visa which could be possible (again, just speculation).

I read it in Amex terms.  It looks like Ebates reports those purchases made w/ Amex eligible cards to Amex and if Ebates doesn’t report then no additional points are rewarded.

So it looks like you will have two buckets in your account, MR transfer bucket and a cashback bucket.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.